How do you know your DH loves you?!?!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
When he drives you all over the countryside to collect wood for you to build a chicken coop with!!!
lol.png
Thank heavens for good DH's!

Last edited:
That's for sure!

I know my husband loves me when he goes out just to give my chickens some corn. He likes to spoil them, but don't tell anyone!
wink.png

STUPID QUESTION: What does "DH" stand for????

(Not chicken related) I know he loves me when he admits I'm right, brings me flowers (then, when I accuse him of doing something wrong, he admits that the reason I must think flowers mean he did something bad is because he doesn't bring me flowers often enough!) and goes out of his way to tell random strangers that he loves his wife (EX: in class the assignment is to do a paper on teamwork, and he says he wants to do it on marriage because his wife (ME!!!!!) is his other half and without our teamwork he couldn't make it through the day!) LOL!!!! And when he's asleep and I come in to lay down at 3AM after being on BYC forever, and even though he's asleep he wraps his arms around me and won't let me go. When he talks in his sleep and he's dreaming about me. When he calls me 30 times a day just to talk for 15 seconds. When I catch him watching me with a dreamy look on his face (of course, the question is WHAT he's dreamin about! LOL!) The list goes on and on......I'm blessed, truly blessed!!!!
hugs.gif
love.gif

Well after a "procedure" at the hospital today, he opened doors for me, held my hand. He then went to the grocery store and bought my favorites..peanut butter cups, sugar cookies and potatoes salad ( yeah really).

he is outside right now watching the kids and planting trees
love.gif

I will enjoy it while it last. He is such a good guy!

My DH made our coop and run when he was recovering from Rotator Cuff Shoulder surgery. Well, maybe his motivation was love, but the growing chicks in the brooder in the house were also driving him crazy...

He always wants to surprise me, like after my daughter was born and I was back in the hospital from c-section complications, he called when he was on his way to my room and said that there is something wrong with my daughter's umbilical cord stump. He came into the room and I grabbed my daughter to look and the stump had fallen off (duh!) and there was just a pretty little bellybutton.
gig.gif

My DH puts up with me
roll.png
And that's an amazing thing. He built the world's best insulated coop for the chooks. It's better than what most of the world's people live in. And when he thought it was all over I asked him to build a broody pen for the little ones.... and the list goes on. And he just goes out into his barn and works away on my requests and all of his chores.
And when asked, he feeds them and tucks them in for the night. True love from a man who doesn't really care much for animals.
love.gif

Mine spent his Sunday afternoon dragging a large heavy dog house out of someone's backyard and loading it into his truck. (I helped) Then he got it into the backyard and didn't even complain when I asked him to move it to a different spot. It's going to house the two duckings he helped me choose without even a grumble or question of whether or not I'm nuts! Then he gave up a big chunk of space in his basement workshop for our 6+ week old chicks, one of whom is now crowing. He goes to the dump every Saturday morning and lately has been gathering anything that he can use to build the new chicken coop. And he is at least pretending to be excited that 14 more chicks are coming this week!

Back
Top Bottom