How do you maintain focus during lockdown? Day 16 going into Day 17 Stay-at-Home Quail Incubation

Can anyone tell me if I have a quail waterer? It is the same waterer I used for my day-old chicken chicks, but it is quite small. I can't fit small marbles in it. The "trough" area is just under 1.5 cm wide. I think I have been using a quail waterer all along. If so, do I need to put anything in it to prevent drowning?

Can anyone tell me if I have a quail waterer? It is the same waterer I used for my day-old chicken chicks, but it is quite small. I can't fit small marbles in it. The "trough" area is just under 1.5 cm wide. I think I have been using a quail waterer all along. If so, do I need to put anything in it to prevent drowning?
Ok...that was silly...I can tell by the pics online I have a Quail waterer...excuse my momentary panic. I also panicked because a chick got caught in the space between the floor of the incubator and the mechanisms for the turner. I waited for a while to see if it would be able to get out and had to open the incubator and gently nudge him over while I quickly put a piece of foam in there. I had the lid off maybe for 3-5 seconds and the temp only went down a degree and humidity stayed above 65, but now I am stressed because I took the lid off and disturbed the eggs in the process. Hoping all will be well.

And...we no longer have to wait! The first chick hatched a little before 6 am this morning and a second by 8 am or so... So much fun!!! I have a couple of video links (I am also a teacher and am sharing as we go along with my students) as well as a pic of the two. The window is foggy, but you can still see the chicks.
Video of Hatch
Video of Getting its Land-Legs

:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom