How do you make french toast?

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
I think someone needs lessons. My husband decided to make french toast for him self this morning for breakfast.

Then ate it and told me I am making it from now on. I asked why and he said cause he sucks. I said why he said it had no flavor.

I said did you put vanilla in it and he said no. I said did you put salt in it and he said a little. I said did you put some milk in it and he said no. I said did you put cinnamon in it and he said no. I said no cinnamon and he said no. I said you have to have cinnamon, no wonder it had no flavor.

This is what he did.
Egg and salt mixed.

haha...we are really simple...egg & milk mixed..dip...cook...

sometimes we get syrup to top it, sometimes its fruit n powdered sugar...

ummm...think I have dinner planned now thanks!

But... but...... How DO you make french toast!! I want to know! My grandmother used to make it for us, but she died after my mother did, and before I was interested in learning how to cook.

I'm now 57 years old and I want to know how to make french toast.

Could somebody post a recipe? I could go look it up one the 'net in many different cooking sites, but I want to know how BYCers make friench toast. I know we're using the absolute best eggs, so does that change a regular recipe? Why should I learn what folks without our great eggs do.... <*making a face*>

Quote:
Well, I use egg per person + one extra. Then I add my homemade vanilla, probably 1 tsp, I never measure, but if you're making more french toast, then adjust accordingly. Then I add cinnamon, probably 1 tsp again, and adjust according to the amount of french toast. Then I add milk. I don't know how much to say since I never measure. Just 'til it looks like enough for however many people you are preparing for. Your batter shouldn't look white, though, or you've added too much milk. Then I heat up my electric griddle with some butter on it, dip the bread, and bake. I usually add more cinnamon, since I really like cinnamon.

i have found that it takes one egg per piece of bread.

So I take about 10 eggs and whip them.

10 pieces of bread, and dip them in the egg.

Cook until done.

Cover with cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar

OR

cinnamon sugar and maple syrup.

They are great left over.

I have found that when I add the cinnamon sugar afterward we taste it better.

I cook it on the stovetop; I dont bake it...

its easy enough to heat up the griddle and put a pat of butter on it..cook til the "egg" stuff is done...

yum!

I put milk, eggs, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix them. I also add more cinnamon while it's cooking. I've never tried vanilla, I'll have to try that one out
smile.png

I like to use Texas Toast-type bread if I remember to get it, plus I also like to let the bread dry out a little so it soaks up more mix and doesn't tear as easily.

this is how its done at my house.

eggs, beat well. milk into egg mixture. sugar and cinnamon. mix well.

dip bread into mixture and place in buttered spray pan. cook both sides well to desired.
remove from pan, place on dish, pour syrup on top. yum yum.
simply the yellowish brightest colored french toast ever!! especially since its from our free range hens, its terrific in color!!
droolin.gif

funny because we had this breakfeast, and we hadnt in a while. then i see the thread here. (simply cool)!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom