How do you mark your chicks while still growning?

I've used nail polish. The problem is the chicks like to move when you are about to paint their little toes, and they end up getting nail polish all over their butt or something.

But it was REALLY easy to identify them with bright green butts for a while!

Thanks for these ideas! I want to name ours, and we can only identify two on looks right now. One has no feathers on her butt and a deformed toe (Nala), the other is currently the smallest and darkest (Bacon).

I've used nail polish. The problem is the chicks like to move when you are about to paint their little toes, and they end up getting nail polish all over their butt or something.

But it was REALLY easy to identify them with bright green butts for a while!

I didn't put nail polish on their toes- too wiggly for that! lol I always put a dot on each wing. and then one on their back.

I didn't put nail polish on their toes- too wiggly for that! lol I always put a dot on each wing. and then one on their back.

I put a dot of polish on the backs of 2 out of my 3 babies tonight and now I feel guilty, even tho it's a non-toxic brand. I just want to be able to distinguish their different personalities because im determined to name them accordingly, dang it! I did get some colored zip ties but they look too big for the moment.

I put a dot of polish on the backs of 2 out of my 3 babies tonight and now I feel guilty, even tho it's a non-toxic brand. I just want to be able to distinguish their different personalities because im determined to name them accordingly, dang it! I did get some colored zip ties but they look too big for the moment.

I use velcro on their legs now, been using them for awhile now ! but soft side against their skin and dont use red. just have to readjust once a week. Got mine iin craft section of walmart.

Back
Top Bottom