How do you move a shed?

If it has been posted for a while I would offer 250 - 300$ and see if they are willing to sell. That way you could pay for any cost to transport. Don't know about the moving part though....

At $450 + cost of materials to reinforce for travel + cost of rental truck/trailer

I was just at homedepot you can get a NEW wood shed 8x8 kit for around $800

I think the cost of the shed is too high to make it worthwhile.

David

Quote:
"Winch", I think you mean, but I got a good laugh out of the idea of moving sheds with wenches
wink.png
or just renting them with a uHaul! http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wench

Last edited:
I saw that one too!
smile.png
Couldn't figure out how I would move it.
I am from Seacoast of NH, so if you see anything cute send an email my way.
smile.png

A local company in my area that builds storage sheds will pick one up and deliver it for you for $100.00 I thought it was well worth the price. They had a built in wench to load it then a dump bed that raises up and slids the shed off at your location. You could contact some of those companies and see if there is anyone doing that in your area.

I have moved 6 sheds with a friend of mine. Jack the front up with 2 bumper jacks. Back the trailer under it. Lift the back the same way and push onto trailer. Very easy. Take time to think ahead. You can solve all your problems.

I like the idea of moving it with a wench better.

ya.gif

Make sure she's a sturdy wench!

Last edited:
I think the price is too high also. It seems too small for the value, I would offer no more than $250 for it.

Here is a listing for a shed in my area, I don't know the exact size but based on the pics it is 8x8 or 8x10. I think this would be a sample of a beter value

http://ventura.craigslist.org/grd/1369436651.html

I would do the same as mightieskeeper, use 2 bumber jacks (also no as high lift jacks or farm jacks) and lift the front just high enough to back a trailer under it, put a lenth of pipe or round post under it between the trailer and the shed and then lift the back and use "come along" and pull it onto the trailer. We bought my daughters play house that was 8ft by 12ft and HEAVY (cermic tile floor and drywalled)I used this metod but with a winch. Here is a pick of her playhouse two days after we got it.
AbbieEaster4-1.jpg

I agree with the previous post. The price is to high. If you can get it for half price, go for it. Other than that leave it where it sits. $450 you can build yourself one fine chicken coop, right where you need it.

Back
Top Bottom