How do you move a shed?

You could lift it and put it on a flatbed trailer. You can move a shed by jacking it up and 'rolling' it onto the trailer. Or if you know someone who has a trailer with a hoist on it they could pull it up onto it. Or you could do it the hardway like we did and disassemble it piece by piece to transport it in a minivan. LOL....
wink.png

That thing might fit in the back of a truck. I want to say U-Haul rents a trailer with a wench....could be wrong about the wench part though.

The price of renting a truch would sort of defeat the purpose of getting a good deal on the shed...
It looks like it would be a nice coop... just don't know if it is feasable to move..
Would have to borrow BIL's truck. could two guys move something like this?

Somebody else on BYC in Central Mass posted that same shed a while ago! (was it you?) I can't believe it's still available! Probably because nobody can figure out how to move it!
lau.gif

No advice (I wouldn't know how to move it either) but it's really cute!
love.gif

We moved our current coop to our property. Bought it on craigslist too and it was on skids. Called one of the tow companies and they moved it out for us for about $150. Not bad I didn't think! Ours was a 8x16 building or might be 10x16 can't remember!

Quote:
It was me, and yes, it has been listed for a couple weeks.

I know someone else in central MA posted about someone who builds coops for a reasonable price.. but now I can;t find it.

If we have to spend $100+ to move it, it's just not worth it to us.....

There is also this listing
5X7 storage crate, I think would be much easier to move, but would need a little more to covert to a coop but it is less money too:
http://hartford.craigslist.org/tls/1352907617.html

What do you think?

Last edited:
If it's been for sale since at lest 8-22 I would offer 250. and do like substandard said; screw two 2X4's to it, one to each short side, put a person on each corner and lift the darn thing! it's cute.

you will need a truck , to get it to the truck put a few pieces of 3" pvc pipe(5) on the ground like railroad tracks and roll it on them. as one pieces comes out the back put it in the front. i have moved sheds as big as 16x12 like this the bigger the shed the more pvc pipes you will need

Back
Top Bottom