How do you name your chickens?

I was watching Tumble Leaf (on Amazon) with my two year old and noticed the chickens all had food names. The theme for my first batch is squash 😁 Acorn, Pumpkin, Dumpling, Patty Pan, Zucchini, and Bernadette (not part of the theme but was requested by a friend... named Bernadette...I told her I wasn't sure that was a great idea, but decided to roll with it

LOL! I had a chick that I named CutiePie because it was smaller than the others. Turns out he was a rooster😆. we changed his name ( I forget what it was ). Then he started getting evil. He would attack everyone in my family except for my dad who was tallest and would attack our friends younger children😡. So we changed his name to supersupper. He ended up in an chicken pot pie like his new name suggested.😂🍗🍲
Did he make a good pot pie? I’ve made homemade pot pie a few times, but not with home grown bird

I was watching Tumble Leaf (on Amazon) with my two year old and noticed the chickens all had food names. The theme for my first batch is squash 😁 Acorn, Pumpkin, Dumpling, Patty Pan, Zucchini, and Bernadette (not part of the theme but was requested by a friend... named Bernadette...I told her I wasn't sure that was a great idea, but decided to roll with it
That’s nice of you! I think I would refuse to name my birds, just in case! I don’t need a bad association with my friend’s name because of a jerk chicken!

I had the same problem until mine were about 5-6 weeks old. We have 2 batches of chicks at the moment. The first batch is all a similar theme and started with my 3.5 year old daughter naming one of them “Pete the cat” after the show 🤣 we then decided to name all the hens weird actors names or characters.
We have:
Pete the cat (peetie)
Steven seagull (Stevie)
Bettie white
And my husband names our rooster Chico cause he seemed like a tuff guy lol

the next batch of chicks will all have classic old time-y names like Beatrice, Gertrude, Eleanor, Esther, Mildred etc for the hens. If we end up with any Roos I’ll have to think of something for them 🤔 any suggestions welcome 😅
I can’t even name my birds lol!

I had the same problem until mine were about 5-6 weeks old. We have 2 batches of chicks at the moment. The first batch is all a similar theme and started with my 3.5 year old daughter naming one of them “Pete the cat” after the show 🤣 we then decided to name all the hens weird actors names or characters.
We have:
Pete the cat (peetie)
Steven seagull (Stevie)
Bettie white
And my husband names our rooster Chico cause he seemed like a tuff guy lol

the next batch of chicks will all have classic old time-y names like Beatrice, Gertrude, Eleanor, Esther, Mildred etc for the hens. If we end up with any Roos I’ll have to think of something for them 🤔 any suggestions welcome 😅
Roofus , roobert , Roby , Ronald , these are just some suggestions

Back
Top Bottom