How do you not go crazy and buy so many chicken and chicken breeds?

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
So I am known as the silkies man in my neighborhood and a couple months ago I got some naked necks and Im thinking about a brahma or jersey giant or two, but how do you not go crazy and buy so many chickens? I have a massive coop/run but I know if im not careful that space will become occupied and fast. How do you resist that urge, and if that happens to you what do you do? Do you cull out random chickens or something?

Self control, common sense and to know your limits and preferences. Lol. I favor round over sporty, I don't care for solid 'Yellow', lavender, black or blue chickens, no feather feets or excessive toes. (Ground is too rough) I slightly prefer rose over single comb, and I prefer brown layers. My chicken limit is 10 so I change my wishlist often. My go to chickens are speckled sussex or Columbian Wyandottes, though I feel like exploring chocolate orpingtons.

No comment :lau

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_173606687_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211024_173606687_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Seriously, as you add to your flock you will have favorites and ones that you like but may not suit your purposes. We have five acres so I like birds that like to forage. Some I heard were friendly like Speckled Sussex and some I fell in love with like the Buff Orpington.

Back
Top Bottom