How do you pin a goose to the ground?

No one here is saying kill aggressive geese, we love all our geese. But saying geese HAVE to be aggressive and saying it's acceptable for them to chase adults and children? You're out of your mind. Many dogs were bred to be aggressive to people, "guard dogs", but if they bite someone they are put down, what's your argument for that? Just let them? Because they were bred to bite strangers?

Sure in some cases "training" geese doesn't help, but my gander would never DARE come after me.
Put up a sign the same way people do for guard dogs or wet floors. If you warn them and they get bit then that is their problem because they were stupid enough to disobey the posted sign. Also keep them locked up in a fenced in area so nobody can get to them so you wont have to worry about people getting bit.

Put up a sign the same way people do for guard dogs or wet floors. If you warn them and they get bit then that is their problem because they were stupid enough to disobey the posted sign. Also keep them locked up in a fenced in area so nobody can get to them so you wont have to worry about people getting bit.

And what do you do about geese biting their owners? Just let them? Don't feed them? Geese should not attack their owners, and if pinning a big gander down keeps them from attacking you, why question it?

And what do you do about geese biting their owners? Just let them? Don't feed them? Geese should not attack their owners, and if pinning a big gander down keeps them from attacking you, why question it?

Geese should not attack their owners. Who are you to decide how an animal should and should not behave? I have a china gander who will bite me if I'm not careful but I have tried pinning the gander a few times but it doesn't work. I learn my lesson and I work around him.

Geese should not attack their owners. Who are you to decide how an animal should and should not behave? I have a china gander who will bite me if I'm not careful but I have tried pinning the gander a few times but it doesn't work. I learn my lesson and I work around him. 

No domesticated animal should boss around a human. Especially a BIRD.

Not that stallions are a good comparison to a problem goose, but stallions are not generally running loose in a barn yard.

A goose, turkey, rooster or any other type of male fowl that attacked me every time I went outside would be on the dinner menu in short order.

Back
Top Bottom