How do you prep your birds for the 4th of July?

I was reaching. :oops:

I was just saying mine have very little loud noise exposure so mine are not desensitized.
I didn't mean for it to sound like I was contracting or disagreeing with you.

They very well could be less reactive if exposed regularly to storms and such. I simply don't know since mine aren't.

I was just saying mine have very little loud noise exposure so mine are not desensitized.
I didn't mean for it to sound like I was contracting or disagreeing with you.

They very well could be less reactive if exposed regularly to storms and such. I simply don't know since mine aren't.
I did not take it that way. Just reaching for an explanation of why they are not bothered. And thought that they could be desensitized.

They come inside ,large kennels or cardboard pens,screens on top.
Depends how close you think they will be.
I hate ,dread the forth. I have severe heart rhythm from Lyme,so I feel for the chickens.
I wear ear plugs work online .

Put them up in their coop, and they'll settle in for the night when the fireworks go off. They'll go into their 'zombie' state that ALL chickens do at night (except, of course, the rooster, if you have one, may start crowing as that's their job to warn). But the hens, they won't be bothered by the activity... they'll be zoned out.

I bring mine to the garage and we have a party with music and tents ⛺️ and roosting bars set up … and some smaller coops for those who want to hide in the coop … ( I set up emergency coops in the garage )

What do you do to minimize the stress brought on by fireworks. I'm thinking about bringing my flock to the basement for the night ...
Unfortunately we’ve always been in a burn ban around that time… though this year it has been extra rainy so I guess we shall see! Their coop is pretty sound proof to the outside.

Back
Top Bottom