How do you pronounce...

Pics
Here we go, gotta explain to Chick for Life who Spook is. Really sort of simple.

I use to be here. Then I wasn't here. But now I'm here again. When I was here, I was the resident Spook. But when I wasnt here I wasnt Spook. Been a while. But when I came back I had to be Spook again. It seems I was knighted during my absence. Sir Spook it is.

I'm a pretty easy sort to get to know, Chick for life. You poke around the boards enough, the Spook name will probably pop up here and there.

Anyway back to the original conversation about pee cans, which led to the outhouse...

My Aunt Phyliss is just a few years older than me. Ah, she was a dainty little thing. She was up there using the outhouse and well, she she done set on the big hole snd she fell in. Butt first.

It was what was called one of those two-holers. Had a big hole and a not big hole. Now what it didn't have was a rope hanging down to crawl out with. On account of that ain't never happened before.

"Help, help, help" poor Phyliss was ahollering and wailing.

It was lucky for her that us boys were up in the field teasing that bull that we promised papaw we wouldn't bother. So we run to see what the matter.

Wasn't a pretty sight, her down in that hole and covered head to toe in some stinky stuff. But as it wasnt over her head, she could stand up.

Us being the boys we were, we had to go get the rest of the family to see this. Wasn't one of the sights you wanted to miss.

So everybody had to take turns looking, on account of not too many people can get in the outhouse all at once.

It was finally decided she was gonna need a rope. Ptoblem was the rope was in the back of papaws truck and he was at work.

So we had to walk to the neighbors, borrow a rope. Of course, we had to explain what we need the rope for.

Being helpful neighbors, they all came back with us.

With lots of pulling, we finally got Phyliss up out of there.

And she ran down to the creek, take her a bath.

Here we go, gotta explain to Chick for Life who Spook is. Really sort of simple.

I use to be here. Then I wasn't here. But now I'm here again. When I was here, I was the resident Spook. But when I wasnt here I wasnt Spook. Been a while. But when I came back I had to be Spook again. It seems I was knighted during my absence. Sir Spook it is.

I'm a pretty easy sort to get to know, Chick for life. You poke around the boards enough, the Spook name will probably pop up here and there.

Anyway back to the original conversation about pee cans, which led to the outhouse...

My Aunt Phyliss is just a few years older than me. Ah, she was a dainty little thing. She was up there using the outhouse and well, she she done set on the big hole snd she fell in. Butt first.

It was what was called one of those two-holers. Had a big hole and a not big hole. Now what it didn't have was a rope hanging down to crawl out with. On account of that ain't never happened before.

"Help, help, help" poor Phyliss was ahollering and wailing.

It was lucky for her that us boys were up in the field teasing that bull that we promised papaw we wouldn't bother. So we run to see what the matter.

Wasn't a pretty sight, her down in that hole and covered head to toe in some stinky stuff. But as it wasnt over her head, she could stand up.

Us being the boys we were, we had to go get the rest of the family to see this. Wasn't one of the sights you wanted to miss.

So everybody had to take turns looking, on account of not too many people can get in the outhouse all at once.

It was finally decided she was gonna need a rope. Ptoblem was the rope was in the back of papaws truck and he was at work.

So we had to walk to the neighbors, borrow a rope. Of course, we had to explain what we need the rope for.

Being helpful neighbors, they all came back with us.

With lots of pulling, we finally got Phyliss up out of there.

And she ran down to the creek, take her a bath.
Welcome back, SirSpook.
Very helpful neighbors.

That's why the correct way to say this word is Puh-Kahn Any true southerner can tell you this.
The real question is are they paper shell or not??? :gig :highfive:
Why hello fellow Southerner!

I think Ursuline is onto something here. All y’all who pronounce it weird must be Yankees, and we all know Yankees just don’t know how to pronounce peh cahn because y’all don’t have anything but igloos and snow up north.

Why hello fellow Southerner!

I think Ursuline is onto something here. All y’all who pronounce it weird must be Yankees, and we all know Yankees just don’t know how to pronounce peh cahn because y’all don’t have anything but igloos and snow up north.

Seriously ? The pee can was invented in the South. It sits right next to the spit can. SMH

Back
Top Bottom