How do you refinance with chickens everywhere?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cackle, Jun 9, 2010.

1. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    We are suppose to be down to 1 coop but we have three and over 75 layers and 47 meat chickens. I want to refinance but the property is a mess. Will the coops and chickens bring down the appraisal?

Susan

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    yeah

3. cackle

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Great.... Guess it is time to downsize the girls....

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

most realtors I work with assume a city slicker will be heading your way.. and the appraisers may or may not take your chickens into account (they shouldn't... but here they can) and it's a totally subjective thing... but with all those meaties, I wouldn't worry about thinning honestly. Just make sure the yard doesn't stink as he walks up and around the house.

5. cackle

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina

most realtors I work with assume a city slicker will be heading your way.. and the appraisers may or may not take your chickens into account (they shouldn't... but here they can) and it's a totally subjective thing... but with all those meaties, I wouldn't worry about thinning honestly. Just make sure the yard doesn't stink as he walks up and around the house.

Maybe we should put it off a month r two and hope rates are still low. I don't think all the mouthwash, deodorant and baby powder at the $$ store could keep those guys from stinking.

6. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:DE worked wonders in my yard with chicken odor. I live in town and need to make sure the odor is in check.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by