How do you regulate humidity?

@007Sean
Will you please look at the pics of my eggs there and tell me what you think? Are the air cells too big? I'm sorry to bother you, I really don't want to screw this up.
They look about right to me! 1 or 2 are a bit large but I don't think there will be any problems. Those two may not hatch (dis) maybe? I'd increase the humidity to 40 to 45%. HTH

Your air cells look fine to me too.
I just hatched out some quail and I kept my humidity in between 30 and 35 throughout and only raise it to about 55 for hatching.

Good luck!

Thank you Sean! I've upped it just a bit and will try to keep it in the suggested range until tomorrow.
Great IM, remember at lockdown to increase the humidity to 60 - 65% don't go above 70 % or it will cause a whole other set of problems, such as "stuck chicks" which is different from shrink wrapped and if the conditions are such that you have condensation forming on the viewing glass, meaning the air in the incubator has reach the saturation point, the drops could fall and drown a chick if it hits on a pip.
Best luck with your hatch! :jumpy just let me know if you need further assistance.

20180914_144900.jpg

Used a paper towel to plug the hole for the automatic turner cord and the humidity hasn't changed in hours.

@WVduckchick
Thank you so much for the info about putting the quilt batting in the channels. That helped keep the humidity steady, even though I used paper towels.

@007Sean
Thanks so much for suggesting I calibrate my hygrometer.

I'm sure this would have been a disappointing hatch without your help. We have 22/28 hatched and one that has pipped. So much better than my first experience!

@WVduckchick
Thank you so much for the info about putting the quilt batting in the channels. That helped keep the humidity steady, even though I used paper towels.

@007Sean
Thanks so much for suggesting I calibrate my hygrometer.

I'm sure this would have been a disappointing hatch without your help. We have 22/28 hatched and one that has pipped. So much better than my first experience!

Wow! Fabulous!!
(I read where someone had suggested those thick Viva paper towels, which I didn’t have, but I had the quilt batting, so whatever works! Glad it helped you)

Back
Top Bottom