How do you regulate humidity?

20180917_183536-1.jpg
20180917_183555.jpg
20180917_183702-1.jpg
20180917_183928-1.jpg

Here's better pics.

Hubs helped with the feed...he ground it w/mortar and pestle. I'll make more in the blender tomorrow.

I can't speak to what specific humidity is appropriate for any particular species, however, I can say with some confidence that automating the humidity level in addition to the temperature certainly makes things easier. I cobbled together a "personal" sized ultrasonic humidifier with an humidity switch from eBay. I rout a vinyl tube into my incubator along with the humidity sensor, set the digital setpoints and forget about it. No more wildly fluctuating humidity levels and opening the incubator to refill. If you aren't into making your own, I modeled mine after the "Humidikit" also available on ebay.

View attachment 1537035 View attachment 1537036 View attachment 1537037 View attachment 1537038

Here's better pics.

Hubs helped with the feed...he ground it w/mortar and pestle. I'll make more in the blender tomorrow.

So cute cute cute!! :love

Looks like that heat plate comes down low enough. My Brinsea plate’s lowest setting was still too high for quail and most of my seramas and old English, so I fold up an old wash cloth and place under it, so they can climb on and get a little closer. :)

So cute cute cute!! :love

Looks like that heat plate comes down low enough. My Brinsea plate’s lowest setting was still too high for quail and most of my seramas and old English, so I fold up an old wash cloth and place under it, so they can climb on and get a little closer. :)

I love the heat plate! Wish I'd had one when my chickens were chicks.

That's what I use, an individual cup blender, has two different size cups. Can make a powder out of crumbles if if you run it long enough.
Mines the big 'old style'...literally, probably at least 30 years old :D
I don't turn it all to powder, but I don't have quail, leave some bigger pieces.

I can't speak to what specific humidity is appropriate for any particular species, however, I can say with some confidence that automating the humidity level in addition to the temperature certainly makes things easier. I cobbled together a "personal" sized ultrasonic humidifier with an humidity switch from eBay. I rout a vinyl tube into my incubator along with the humidity sensor, set the digital setpoints and forget about it. No more wildly fluctuating humidity levels and opening the incubator to refill. If you aren't into making your own, I modeled mine after the "Humidikit" also available on ebay.
I do the same thing, I got an old Pure Air humidifier, some tubing, a ZooMed regulator and can set the humidity at whatever % I want for the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom