How do you remove paint off a chickens feathers?

Quote:
Well, on the bright side, they'll be easier to wash! And if any had deveolping mites or lice issues, those will be gone, too!
big_smile.png

Whoever did it is a very cruel person, remarkably dumb, likely both. Hope they will be caught.

Best wishes for Duke and the rest of the flock!

I am at a loss ... I found a bird (crow) in my back yard with half its lower body with oil based paint. The paint is dry already. The bird is alert but can move because of the dried paint. I don't know what to do...how to take off this dried paint. Will someone please give me some sound advise on how to remedy this situation. Thank you... Robert

I am at a loss ... I found a bird (crow) in my back yard with half its lower body with oil based paint. The paint is dry already. The bird is alert but can move because of the dried paint. I don't know what to do...how to take off this dried paint. Will someone please give me some sound advise on how to remedy this situation. Thank you... Robert
You would need to cut the painted feathers off, cause paint removers are toxic to birds. If there some paint on the skin you can try to soak the bird in warm water with Dawn dish soap then rub the paint off. Then you would need to keep it warm and rehabilitate till the feathers grow back and release it.

Back
Top Bottom