How do you sell your eggs?

Pics
I've recently begun selling eggs, because we have way more than even our family of 7 can consume! 😅

Like others have mentioned, I go with a fair price - $6/ dozen with my nice carton, $5/ dozen for refills or BYO box. Free range organic eggs in the grocery stores here go for $8-10/ dozen, so I'm giving people even better quality product than the free range store eggs, for not much more than they'd pay for horrible battery farm eggs.

I don't wash my eggs, I just dust them with a dry cloth and sell the most cosmetically appealing ones without poop (let's face it - poop happens, even in the cleanest nesting box!🤣). I also label my cartons with a little blurb about them being fertile & unwashed, what the bloom is, how farm fresh eggs are different from store bought, how they're collected daily and how happy the chickens are, etc. And I include the FDA safe handling instructions just to be sure it's all "legal"... always CYA, especially since our ranch name is on them! 😉

My next project is to take good photos of all my chickens, and include a "chicken of the week" card with a funny bio of each in the egg cartons as an extra cute touch. 😊

So far, I'm only selling to family & friends who actually appreciate the quality of eggs and how I care for my chickens. And in turn, the income from selling eggs pays for my chickens' feed & care. It works out nicely!

Back
Top Bottom