How do you sell your eggs?

And then hope no one reports the post! That's what usually happens to me 😒
You're basically not allowed to say eggs. The pictures don't seem to matter. Two work arounds.

1. Call them something else, Chicken Rounds, Chicken Butt Nuggets, etc., check a farm to table group for more examples.

2. Embed the words in the pictures. So far nothings been caught or reported.

I sell through an Ad on Kijiji; don't generally have any issues with getting them sold, I sell for $5/dozen.

Just recently I had a gentleman calling wanting 12 dozen eggs - I told him I could only supply 5 dozen - he was good with that stating he would get the rest some other place, but the time he came around to collect them I had 6 dozen.

His wife though in a heavy accent kept saying 'I wanted 12 dozen, why don't you have 12 dozen'.... my sister was handling the sale at the time as I was out of town. She told the lady 'you're getting 6 dozen, that is all we have, if you don't want them, that's fine.'

The lady paid my sister all the while whining 'I wanted 12 dozen...'

Some people! If it had been me, handling the sale I would have told the lady:
"Well now I had a pep talk with my ladies and told them they needed to crap out a *&%$ load more eggs, as we needed 12 dozen - but my chickens are my over-lords and they just told me to get real; maybe you would like to go out and have a chit-chat with them?"

hahahaha I live in the country we make our own fun :)
I would have asked her if she'd like to come out back and talk to the girls and see if she could convince them to lay faster. :lol:

I would have asked her if she'd like to come out back and talk to the girls and see if she could convince them to lay faster. :lol:
Explain: “I cant do magic. I have … chickens, and they are all in labour to lay approximately one egg every day/ every other day.

I think she doesn’t realise , that you don’t have a factory with egg-machines like the ones for chocolate or rubbery eggs. It needs a chicken in labour to receive an egg. Maybe she appreciates the eggs more if she knows how they are made.

I have regular customers. I sell for $3 a dozen, and meet them weekly to sell. I have a waiting list for weekly customers too. I put an ad on facebook on my town page, and got all the customers I will need before the mods took it down. I also got an angry person who asked how I could afford feed if I were selling eggs for so cheap. I told her I was independently wealthy, lol.

I have regular customers. I sell for $3 a dozen, and meet them weekly to sell. I have a waiting list for weekly customers too. I put an ad on facebook on my town page, and got all the customers I will need before the mods took it down. I also got an angry person who asked how I could afford feed if I were selling eggs for so cheap. I told her I was independently wealthy, lol.
And those are the people i don’t sell too. I really don’t understand why people care how you buy feed, should’ve told her “oh i don’t, i feed them table scraps” 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom