How do you sell your eggs?

I sell through an Ad on Kijiji; don't generally have any issues with getting them sold, I sell for $5/dozen.

Just recently I had a gentleman calling wanting 12 dozen eggs - I told him I could only supply 5 dozen - he was good with that stating he would get the rest some other place, but the time he came around to collect them I had 6 dozen.

His wife though in a heavy accent kept saying 'I wanted 12 dozen, why don't you have 12 dozen'.... my sister was handling the sale at the time as I was out of town. She told the lady 'you're getting 6 dozen, that is all we have, if you don't want them, that's fine.'

The lady paid my sister all the while whining 'I wanted 12 dozen...'

Some people! If it had been me, handling the sale I would have told the lady:
"Well now I had a pep talk with my ladies and told them they needed to crap out a *&%$ load more eggs, as we needed 12 dozen - but my chickens are my over-lords and they just told me to get real; maybe you would like to go out and have a chit-chat with them?"

hahahaha I live in the country we make our own fun :)
HAHA right?? Like let me go tell my ladies they have to lay 3 eggs a day each just for some whiny, ungrateful b!+*h🤣

Your sister has patience, i don’t i would’ve said alright i’ll keep these for someone more grateful.

I have 3 hens for my small backyard flock. When I first brought them in and before they even started laying, I told my neighbor about them, she came by to check them out and told me she wanted to buy eggs. I've been selling them 1/2 dozen/week ever since (during laying season).

I was originally selling for $2/half dozen and have raised to $2.50/half dozen to account for feed price increases. I'm not concerned about profit, but they pay the feed bills for my flock and I handle everything else. Others have asked to buy, but my coop is limited in size, so I'm not expanding my flock.

I haven't sold any yet...not a big surplus. If I do ever sell, I know ppl at my church like buying them. I'm not looking for a profit.😊 We have a local food pantry as well and I have brought eggs to ppl that I see occasionally...as gifts. Hairdresser, acupuncturist, etc.

I’ve been selling my eggs recently. $3 /doz and i’ve been posting on my town/local facebook page, first come first serve, I’ve been doing pretty good so far. But because of the current amount of eggs i’m getting (which will change in the coming months) I kind of have a waitlist. I’m thinking about going through the waitlist, which isn’t that many people, and then continue posting first come first serve.
So i’m wondering what the other options for selling eggs are? I don’t want to do a stand. I was thinking maybe just a cooler on my porch, with a lock box they can put the money in. But then i worry about not honest people.

Let me know!
I’m so confused as to why a picture was added to this???

I sell my duck eggs as shown below. It makes me proud to set up each carton. It's fussy and a lot of people don't have the time or patience for it, but I get a kick out of the comments I get about the stamps. I put cards up at Ace Hardware in town, and post in the local FB group. I've also had a lot of luck with posting in the local raw-feeding pet group!

Attachments

• 20230310_100955.jpg
    20230310_100955.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 6
Island prices I suppose 🤷‍♂️ My chickens arrive next month and I’d be happy to sell a couple dozen a week to pay for feed
Here in HI going prices for a dozen eggs on CL is $6 but then you have "organic" going for as much as $10. I've been raising chickens for 10yrs which we ate and giving the extras to elderly neighbors. Last year when the price of feed went up almost $10 for a 50# bag, I mentioned to a friend "I'm done".
She talked me out if it, buying what I don't need which made up for her flock that was slacking thru the Winter for her customers. She then sells to her $4/doz and she gives her excess egg cartons, sells to her customers $5/doz ... Works for us. Very happy with my flock of 3 who has laid all thru Winter. Getting 20 eggs a week although one rests once a week but her eggs weigh about 2.3oz

I don’t exactly sell mine, I give them away and get donations in return! I’ve made a good amount and all of the donations go into chicken funds for fixing up the coop, feed, incubators, eggs, chicks, hens and so on… it’s going great so far! If it comes to it I’ll start selling them at swap meets as well

I sell through an Ad on Kijiji; don't generally have any issues with getting them sold, I sell for $5/dozen.

Just recently I had a gentleman calling wanting 12 dozen eggs - I told him I could only supply 5 dozen - he was good with that stating he would get the rest some other place, but the time he came around to collect them I had 6 dozen.

His wife though in a heavy accent kept saying 'I wanted 12 dozen, why don't you have 12 dozen'.... my sister was handling the sale at the time as I was out of town. She told the lady 'you're getting 6 dozen, that is all we have, if you don't want them, that's fine.'

The lady paid my sister all the while whining 'I wanted 12 dozen...'

Some people! If it had been me, handling the sale I would have told the lady:
"Well now I had a pep talk with my ladies and told them they needed to crap out a *&%$ load more eggs, as we needed 12 dozen - but my chickens are my over-lords and they just told me to get real; maybe you would like to go out and have a chit-chat with them?"

hahahaha I live in the country we make our own fun :)
Out of curiosity what was the accent? I had a lady ask if she could get two dozen and I said “sure” so she immediately was like “ok I’ll take 10 dozen” haha I was like this is not that kind of operation. Super heavy maybe Russian-ish accent. I was thinking maybe she’s trying to sell them, then she said she made deviled eggs and the last lady she got them from they all floated in water. She must have a deviled egg factory because she said “let me know when you have more I’ll buy them all” 🤔

Back
Top Bottom