How do you sell your eggs?

I’ve been selling my eggs recently. $3 /doz and i’ve been posting on my town/local facebook page, first come first serve, I’ve been doing pretty good so far. But because of the current amount of eggs i’m getting (which will change in the coming months) I kind of have a waitlist. I’m thinking about going through the waitlist, which isn’t that many people, and then continue posting first come first serve.
So i’m wondering what the other options for selling eggs are? I don’t want to do a stand. I was thinking maybe just a cooler on my porch, with a lock box they can put the money in. But then i worry about not honest people.

Let me know!
Local livestock auction you wouldn’t believe what they go for!

Right now it is word of mouth with us. We only have 12 laying hens and only half are laying at the moment. With our family of 8 we *typically* can keep up with eating the eggs ourselves.

I was talking to a gentleman the other day and I asked if they needed eggs since I had some extra. I was going to just give the eggs to them. He said I won’t pay you any less than $3 a dozen after me telling him that they didn’t have to pay. I laughed and said ok. Then he said,ok ok $3.50.

I like people like that are willing to pay and not try and get something for nothing. He had chickens in the past so I guess he understands what all goes into chicken keeping.

That helped me set my price for when our new chicks start laying and we end up having 30 laying hens. Then I will just set a sign in our front so people can text/call for eggs. Not sure if I trust our location to leave them out and people to be honest and pay for them. I could be wrong. I have seen eggs advertised for $4/dozen around me…

Right now it is word of mouth with us. We only have 12 laying hens and only half are laying at the moment. With our family of 8 we *typically* can keep up with eating the eggs ourselves.

I was talking to a gentleman the other day and I asked if they needed eggs since I had some extra. I was going to just give the eggs to them. He said I won’t pay you any less than $3 a dozen after me telling him that they didn’t have to pay. I laughed and said ok. Then he said,ok ok $3.50.

I like people like that are willing to pay and not try and get something for nothing. He had chickens in the past so I guess he understands what all goes into chicken keeping.

That helped me set my price for when our new chicks start laying and we need up having 30 laying hens. Then I will just set a sign in our front so people can text/call for eggs. Not sure if I trust our location to leave them out and people to be honest and pay for them. I could be wrong. I have seen eggs advertised for $4/dozen around me…
It’s kind of weird because a couple days after i posted on facebook, another lady posted that she was selling for $5 a doz…. now i don’t know if she got private messages but she had zero comments under her post, where as mine, I had 15 lol. Maybe it was just a coincidence but.

The one lady who has purchased from me about 4 times now is patient with knowing that i’ll only have a carton as soon as the chickens pop them out, there’s no rush with her which is what i like. And she’s complimented me on how good the eggs taste compared to store bought. It made me feel good about the way we take care of the chickens.

I sell to friends and people at my church etc. I have a customer who will buy 6 dozen a week if I have them, but I also have several other customers. My hens supply many people 😂

I sell duck eggs too. I sold two dozen yesterday, first time in a while anyone was interested. A lot of people get weirded out by duck eggs. That’s totally fine and I understand, it’s just hard because sometimes I only have duck eggs left.

I sell to friends and people at my church etc. I have a customer who will buy 6 dozen a week if I have them, but I also have several other customers. My hens supply many people 😂

I sell duck eggs too. I sold two dozen yesterday, first time in a while anyone was interested. A lot of people get weirded out by duck eggs. That’s totally fine and I understand, it’s just hard because sometimes I only have duck eggs left.
I totally get that lol. That’s why I wasn’t even bothered with the waitlist after i thought about it.🤣

We purchased some ducklings I was hoping to sell eggs from. Granted, we only purchased four females. Just trying to see how they sell. I do have a Muscovy hen on a nest and plan to keep females from that as well.

There are several bakers around me so I’m hoping to be able to market to them. I know my oldest prefers duck eggs to chicken eggs. Surely there are more people like that 😅

We purchased some ducklings I was hoping to sell eggs from. Granted, we only purchased four females. Just trying to see how they sell. I do have a Muscovy hen on a nest and plan to keep females from that as well.

There are several bakers around me so I’m hoping to be able to market to them. I know my oldest prefers duck eggs to chicken eggs. Surely there are more people like that 😅
Yeah. I am actually allergic to eggs… 😂😭 it’s kinda funny that the person who handles everything chicken and duck wise in my family can’t even eat what they provide us every day. The rest of my family loves duck eggs more than chicken. 😂 I’ve actually had a few customers who have asked if they could buy some duck eggs for hatching. I’ve got a very mixed flock but I don’t care as long as they care for the birds correctly.

I sell through an Ad on Kijiji; don't generally have any issues with getting them sold, I sell for $5/dozen.

Just recently I had a gentleman calling wanting 12 dozen eggs - I told him I could only supply 5 dozen - he was good with that stating he would get the rest some other place, but the time he came around to collect them I had 6 dozen.

His wife though in a heavy accent kept saying 'I wanted 12 dozen, why don't you have 12 dozen'.... my sister was handling the sale at the time as I was out of town. She told the lady 'you're getting 6 dozen, that is all we have, if you don't want them, that's fine.'

The lady paid my sister all the while whining 'I wanted 12 dozen...'

Some people! If it had been me, handling the sale I would have told the lady:
"Well now I had a pep talk with my ladies and told them they needed to crap out a *&%$ load more eggs, as we needed 12 dozen - but my chickens are my over-lords and they just told me to get real; maybe you would like to go out and have a chit-chat with them?"

hahahaha I live in the country we make our own fun :)

Back
Top Bottom