How do you sell your eggs?

I think facebook is ran by vegans so...
I'm doing $3 and $.50 deposit on carton.
word of mouth from family and friends.
Farmers market on Wednesday.
by mid summer i have regular egg orders.
Doctors are my best customers

There's a couple of Facebook groups in my area that sell farm-grown products. I've seen ads for eggs there, too - and I managed to re-home a rooster with 3 pullets before mods took it down.

I sell my eggs by word-of-mouth to several neighbors, friends and family members. When we have surplus, an elder from our church comes to buy half and we donate half, then they are distributed to some needy families.

When we first started, I put a big yard sign in front of our house, and got a couple of regular customers from that. I've also put ads on Craigslist which generated a few, but most notable was a chinese restaurant that wanted 30-dozen at a time. Hard to keep up with, and we lost their business. Also a home-based bakery bought a lot, but the distance was a hindrance so they stopped, too. I don't care enough to deliver and we're 30 miles from Kansas City metro area.

Last year, I sold them for $3.00 per dozen. I hated to raise the rate this year to $4.00 per dozen, but after comparing all the expense of feed and supplies to how much money we made, I saw we were losing money. I don't care to make a profit, not at all - the eggs we eat ourselves plus the chickens I butcher and put in the freezer more than make up for the loss. But I would like to break even, so that my eggs and freezer meat are free for just the cost of my daily efforts. I think we may have lost a customer or two, though. It's okay, I'll put the sign back in the yard, maybe visit a bakery or two in our little town, and we should be doing fine.

I think facebook is ran by vegans so...
I'm doing $3 and $.50 deposit on carton.
word of mouth from family and friends.
Farmers market on Wednesday.
by mid summer i have regular egg orders.
Doctors are my best customers
Wouldn’t be surprised if facebook was. It’s kind of crazy though because i’ve seen marketplace postings about chicken eggs and when i try to do it’s flagged and violates facebook rules. But i haven’t had a problem with our town page, yet… Actually i’ve gotten a repeat customer, And i hope she stays a repeat customer.

I currently only have 4 out of 5 hens laying but by summer i’m going to be adding more birds. Hopefully about 11 eggs a day.🤞🏻

There's a couple of Facebook groups in my area that sell farm-grown products. I've seen ads for eggs there, too - and I managed to re-home a rooster with 3 pullets before mods took it down.

I sell my eggs by word-of-mouth to several neighbors, friends and family members. When we have surplus, an elder from our church comes to buy half and we donate half, then they are distributed to some needy families.

When we first started, I put a big yard sign in front of our house, and got a couple of regular customers from that. I've also put ads on Craigslist which generated a few, but most notable was a chinese restaurant that wanted 30-dozen at a time. Hard to keep up with, and we lost their business. Also a home-based bakery bought a lot, but the distance was a hindrance so they stopped, too. I don't care enough to deliver and we're 30 miles from Kansas City metro area.

Last year, I sold them for $3.00 per dozen. I hated to raise the rate this year to $4.00 per dozen, but after comparing all the expense of feed and supplies to how much money we made, I saw we were losing money. I don't care to make a profit, not at all - the eggs we eat ourselves plus the chickens I butcher and put in the freezer more than make up for the loss. But I would like to break even, so that my eggs and freezer meat are free for just the cost of my daily efforts. I think we may have lost a customer or two, though. It's okay, I'll put the sign back in the yard, maybe visit a bakery or two in our little town, and we should be doing fine.
That’s the way to go, live and learn. I’ve sold about 8 cartons so far (One lady bought 2 different times) and i’ve made enough money for one bag of feed, I know it’s not much but a bag of feed normally lasts us maybe a month. I don’t really plan on making a huge profit from it, as it’s not my sole income, but if I can at least make money for one bag of feed then i’m happy. The reason i’m only selling for $3 is because most of my eggs are still small. Once they get bigger, I might up the price

Hoping it gets better selling once i have more chickens🤞🏻

I’ve been selling my eggs recently. $3 /doz and i’ve been posting on my town/local facebook page, first come first serve, I’ve been doing pretty good so far. But because of the current amount of eggs i’m getting (which will change in the coming months) I kind of have a waitlist. I’m thinking about going through the waitlist, which isn’t that many people, and then continue posting first come first serve.
So i’m wondering what the other options for selling eggs are? I don’t want to do a stand. I was thinking maybe just a cooler on my porch, with a lock box they can put the money in. But then i worry about not honest people.

Let me know!
I only sell to people I know. I don’t advertise and am selling them as fast has the girls can lay them. I had a waiting list January through February because I was only getting 6-8 eggs a day. Since the days are getting longer I’m getting 15-20 a day so no need for the list anymore.

That’s the way to go, live and learn. I’ve sold about 8 cartons so far (One lady bought 2 different times) and i’ve made enough money for one bag of feed, I know it’s not much but a bag of feed normally lasts us maybe a month. I don’t really plan on making a huge profit from it, as it’s not my sole income, but if I can at least make money for one bag of feed then i’m happy. The reason i’m only selling for $3 is because most of my eggs are still small. Once they get bigger, I might up the price

Hoping it gets better selling once i have more chickens🤞🏻
I don’t really make anything off of selling eggs. The money just goes to buy feed, wormer, etc.

I live out in the sticks and don’t want strangers coming to my house. If I’m selling to someone I don’t know, I meet them at Walmart or a grocery store parking lot.

I only sell to people I know. I don’t advertise and am selling them as fast has the girls can lay them. I had a waiting list January through February because I was only getting 6-8 eggs a day. Since the days are getting longer I’m getting 15-20 a day so no need for the list anymore.
I decided no waitlist as in im not chasing people. If you want eggs you got to let me know, I’m not reaching out🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom