How do you use an egg turner?

Amy's Animals

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Southern Oregon
I got 2 free incubators from an older neighbor today who is getting rid of all his chicken stuff. They are both styrofoam-type models with two windows at the top and hold around 50 or so chicken eggs. One incubator has a forced air fan and an egg turner, the other one is a still-air. I have no idea how to use the egg turner since I've never owned one and this one did not come with a manual. Can someone tell me what to do?
smile.png
Thank you!
jumpy.gif

It would help if you would post a picture or tell us what brand and model it is. A turner usually plugs in, may or may not have a switch, you place the eggs large end UP and the turner automatically turns the eggs. My foam bator turns it 30 deg to each side in constant movement, making a cycle in about 4 hours. You remove the turner when you go to lockdown.

When you first plug it in you might think it isn't working because it moves very slowly. Just wait a couple of hours, then when you look you will see it has moved.

Question, we are getting an egg turner tomorrow, its day 12 of hatch, do I just plug it in to something inside the hovabator? I dont have the egg turner box yet so I am not sure if there are easy instructions. Pardon me, not trying to highjack your thread, just dont wanna post a whole new one for one question!!!

Quote:
Not positive about the hovabator version, but the LG version plugs into the wall. Mine really changed the airflow in my bator though, and I had a hard time stabilizing temps for a while afterwards. You might wait until the next hatch to use it, or at least plan on being home to make temp adjustments.

Quote:
Not positive about the hovabator version, but the LG version plugs into the wall. Mine really changed the airflow in my bator though, and I had a hard time stabilizing temps for a while afterwards. You might wait until the next hatch to use it, or at least plan on being home to make temp adjustments.

Thank you, will keep that in mind. We don't have any sockets handy anyways so would need to get another power strip. Just paranoid we arent doing a good enough job turning the eggs (hubby to be and I share duties)

I have a hovabator and bought an LG turner it fits, it works, and it was cheeper. It just sits in with motor in back theres a place for the plug to come out of.

Back
Top Bottom