how do you use your banty eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by abhaya, Dec 19, 2010.

1. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    I was just wondering how people use banty eggs? I have every intention of useing the as hard boiled egg treats. I just wondered if anyone had any great Ideas for them

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    2 banty eggs for every regular egg in a recipe

And I have a friend who has small children and they think they are soo cute she only wants banty eggs.

3. Chuck R

Chuck R New Egg

Dec 16, 2010
    North Fl.
    I hard boil them and put them in some pickled beet juice for a few days. Makes a nice two bite snack.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just like regular eggs.

5. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I typically save mine for a week or so and then boil and use for egg salad.

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Same way I use quail eggs or the huge duck eggs. I bet those banty eggs would make cute deviled eggs.

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Quote:I LOVE IT...I had beet eggs for the first time about 3 months ago..and loved them so much I keep a jar in the refrig. at all times. I like the bantam eggs the best for that because they are the perfect size..and I have lots of them in the summer time..

8. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    Same as any egg. Two instead of one for recipes.

I have customers who prefer the banty eggs. Some fight over the small blue ones. [​IMG]

9. lauriej57

lauriej57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    I only have 1 banty along with my other 13 standard hens. I don't sell the banty eggs. We eat them if we are low on eggs, but for the most part, the dogs them about once a week as a special treat, they love them. Sometimes, if somebody calls and wants 2 or 3 dozen eggs, and I'm a dozen short, I'll fill in with the banty eggs, free of charge.

Kids love banty eggs.

I don't hard boil because they aren't worth the time peeling them. I love the banty eggs because the yolk is almost as big as a large egg, and I prefer the yok over the whites, so I often fry up 4 or 5 for myself.

10. Harrietsmum

Harrietsmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    I use only bantam eggs for all my cooking. Just be aware that there is a higher ratio of yolk to white in these eggs. I recently made a rich fruit cake that contained 500gms of butter (New Zealand butter is a creamy bright yellow colour) and 14 free range bantam eggs. The mixture was a bright yellowy/orange colour.....................until I added the last ingredient, 2Tbs of blue berry jam..................and as every artist knows, yellow plus blue equals GREEN...... bright GREEN!!!!! Thank goodness the colour changed as it cooked!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by