how does a chicken get bird flu

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thewolf1039, Apr 16, 2017.

1. thewolf1039

thewolf1039 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2017
    i have a few 2 month old chicks and I don't want them to get bird flu

how could they get it

could I protect them from it

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under thewolf1039 [​IMG] Welcome!

Personally, I keep a closed flock but bird flu is not something that I have had to deal with.

Biosecurity, Quarantine & Infectious Disease Management was a recent Topic of the Week and you might find this thread interesting reading: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-quarantine-and-infectious-disease-management

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    X2!! Great advice, Teila!!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Teila has given you great links, so I will just say Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock - hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great links already from Teila, so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

6. thewolf1039

thewolf1039 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2017
    thank everyone

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by