how does ranking work?

Don't worry, you will be overrun before you know it. There are many people that I think live on BYC and do multiple post every day. They have to, to have as many posts as they have, but most members do give their thoughts and opinions now and then. When I was sick, I was on a lot but I couldn't do much else. Good luck and have fun...

haha, and now I am 6 away just 3 weeks later....

Quote:
I have noticed over the years that some people post just to post something to bring their post count up even if it's just posting an emoticon. I personally don't have the time to be on BYC that much because I'm working on the farm and so much to do. I raise around 400 birds and they are a full time job, but it is a labor of love. I just moved the birds around and put the young males in bachelor coops and pens and the pullets in other coops and pens as well as cleaned out all of the coops as I moved the birds around plus maintenance on the coops and pens. When it gets a little cooler out I'll be putting new metal roofs and siding on all of the coops. I'm an old retired lady so it isn't as easy as it was when I was younger. It takes me a little longer to get things done but they get done. Soon I'll be setting up my breeding pens for this next season so I will be picking out the males and females that will go into the breeding coops and pens. I raise pure breeds and do selective breeding. Today I'm planting some young fast growing shade trees in some of the new pens that don't have them in yet. Over the years I have planted shade trees in all of the pens for the birds as I live in Florida and it is hot in the summer and the birds need shade. All of the pens have shade/rain tables for the birds to get under. Good luck and have fun...

I have observed the same thing, but I promise you, I am not guilty of it, I just started greeting new members every day, and it really brings your post count up fast. I did not start greeting because I wanted to bring it up, but I realized that is what it does when you get about 30 new members a day.

And WOW!! That is impressive everything you have been doing! I thought I had it hard with 35. I love it to, but it is alot of work.

Last edited:
And cuzchickens, 3 weeks later you have572 posts!LOL

Actually, I got those 72 posts in the last 15 hours. I was at 496 when I posted the other post, then I went and greeted a bunch of people because I was wayyy behind because I was out of town for a week, and, I got 72 posts.....I know that really sounds like I am just going for the ranks but I am not.

Actually, I got those 72 posts in the last 15 hours. I was at 496 when I posted the other post, then I went and greeted a bunch of people because I was wayyy behind because I was out of town for a week, and, I got 72 posts.....I know that really sounds like I am just going for the ranks but I am not.

Ohhhhhhh

Have a question and if no one has an answer, it's not that big of deal. I don't post much, but I've noticed that my "post count" has stayed at 15 for weeks, and I'm certain I've posted probably close to 30. Wonder if anyone has any ideas as to why the number never changes or is stuck at 15? Thanks for any thought.
smile.png

Have a question and if no one has an answer, it's not that big of deal. I don't post much, but I've noticed that my "post count" has stayed at 15 for weeks, and I'm certain I've posted probably close to 30. Wonder if anyone has any ideas as to why the number never changes or is stuck at 15?  Thanks for any thought. :)

Are you staying logged on to your phone or computer? I think it updates when you log out of the site and then log back on.

Have a question and if no one has an answer, it's not that big of deal. I don't post much, but I've noticed that my "post count" has stayed at 15 for weeks, and I'm certain I've posted probably close to 30. Wonder if anyone has any ideas as to why the number never changes or is stuck at 15?  Thanks for any thought. :)

Hi there :frow

I just checked your posts out and most of them are in the games, jokes & fun section of the forum. Posts made in that section do not count to your overall post count. More info on this can be found here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/954817/notice-change-to-post-count-for-games-section
Hope this helps you with your question :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom