How early can i order chicks?

dadsdeercamp

Say goodnight gracie
9 Years
Sep 24, 2010
Mora MN.
I live in central mn and want to order some RC brown leghorn chicks and need to know if it would be safe for them to be shipped in feb or should I wait ?

Check with your local feed stores. They normally have some idea what time they receive chicks each year.
Feb seems a little early for your neck of the woods..

You're gonna want to wait until its warmer. If they get a chill, they will more then likely not survive the trip. And I'm sure MN in feb is gonna be pretty cold.

So i will wait till april or may the hatchery told me feb. with a heat pack would work but I wanna be safe would hate to get a box of dead chicks. thanks for the advice.

So i will wait till april or may the hatchery told me feb. with a heat pack would work but I wanna be safe would hate to get a box of dead chicks. thanks for the advice.

It would be best to wait until your place get`s warmer so it would be a better choice because not long ago a lot of my chicks died because of the snow and it gets colder and colder everyday at my place since it`s almmost winter so that would be a better idea to make sure there safe good luck with your chicks!!

chicks need a lot of warmth, so if its to cold, wait until its warmer.
if they are kept inside, then they are fine. good luck with your chickens!

Back
Top Bottom