So I had an issue with mites in the girls temporary coop (they are just now 4 weeks old) a couple weeks ago. Treated it with permethrin spray no problem, gross little buggers were everywhere. Got their new coop built and it is buttoned up tight! We sealed every crack and crevice. This coop is freshly painted inside and out with latex paint, vinyl floor, wood pellets for bedding, and we just moved it over here a few days ago from a different property. Well I found mites in the coop I believe our yard must be full of them. I see them all over. The bedding is not contaminated. I find they only really hide on the block of wood that I keep under the waterer. I dusted the whole coop and the girls two days ago. Today I lift up the waterer and there are little mites crawling ON the Poultry powder seemingly unfazed. I watched them for a while to see if they would die. They did not. So I squished them. I did take a video but seems the quality is bad.
Our coop still needs some work but here it is