how else can i make my chickens love me???

I just have to chime in here too. Try clucking to them. I had one that was so unfriendly towards me, and everything changed when I started "speaking their language". All of my chicks come running when I head out to the pen, and when I let them out to free-range, they follow me everywhere I go. I have one Barred Rock hen whose name is Tyson (because she thinks she is Mike Tyson) who jumps up on your lap, snuggles down and naps. She is a hoot! She is one of four that are three weeks younger than my original six, and she is determined to be the boss hen. I absolutely love my chickens. I've got two black australorps, Whoopi and Opie (shortened form of Oprah) and they are quite chatty. They talk to me all the time, especially if I am clucking back. I can't help but pray that I don't say something that offends them. Whoopi has "learned her name" and will stop what she is doing and come to me if I call her. Tyson is almost there. Out of all of my chickens, Tyson and Whoopi have the best personalities, they are outrageous. Whoopi is very sweet, she very patiently waits for her treats. Tyson, on the other hand, jumps up on my knee and tries to eat all the raisins I have. She has no fear.

What I did is I held and played with my chicks EVERY DAY since the first day we had them and they are so tame! Doofy, my brainless gold sex link will peck at my foot and perp at me until I pick her up, so sweet! Love them, give them treats, never harm them and they will love you to death!
This is exactly what I did!! Bought 10 1 week old RIR 10 weeks ago and loved on them from the start! Feed them treats by hand, hold them every day making them feel secure and loved and they give it right back ♥️ Certainly there are some more loving than others, but there all my babies.

Back
Top Bottom