How far will a large pekin range? Adopted or dumped?

Someone who knew you had ducks told someone who needed to get rid of ducks, and they just happened to drop them off at your place. Only a guess. 😉 Or, if there is nearby water they could have been in, they heard your ducks and went to meet them. That would be quite possible if they were really hungry.

This may not be the case, but sometimes my grandmother had people dump animals near her farm or at the farm directly because they knew she loved them and already had critters. People in town at the feed store would offer her a chicken in need. Maybe someone knew you had ducks, and needed to rehome one and left it. Maybe it wandered from afar after escaping, hearing new friends? Good luck with your new friend

That's how I got a cat. 😆 Just showed up like she lived here, so now she does. I know that's not helpful, but sometimes animals adopt you, rather than you adopting them 🤷
I’ve used this technique many times. I used to frequent a nearby hotel’s indoor pool in the winter. Walk in like you own the place!!

Back
Top Bottom