How fast should Brewers Yeast take to "kick in"?

Pics
So you don't have a way for this one particular duck to get in an out of the pool with out a struggle? and your keeping the hobbles on when it's in the pool? Take the hobbles off when in the pool. and make a ramp of some kind for them to easily get in an out. Step stone on the inside so it doesn't take up too much room. They are pekins? you may just have a Jumbo and Reg Pekin.

So you don't have a way for this one particular duck to get in an out of the pool with out a struggle? and your keeping the hobbles on when it's in the pool? Take the hobbles off when in the pool. and make a ramp of some kind for them to easily get in an out. Step stone on the inside so it doesn't take up too much room. They are pekins? you may just have a Jumbo and Reg Pekin.
I took the hobbles off a couple days ago. Legs look great. Walking and sitting in the position they need to be. Pool- no ramp. Just a small pink kiddie pool. One duck is perfect in an out no problems. The other I thought it could get out on it’s on but never would get in. So I’d place it in the pool and it would GO TO TOWN😍. When it had the hobbles on I had to place in an out cause it couldn’t stretch its legs far enough to lift. I took them off a few days ago. I’m gonna watch today on the larger one of getting in an out see if it can. Most the time they roam the backyard and the kiddie pool is out and they can go to it if they want or just walk around in the grass while we are out doing yard stuff. Omg I’ve never heard of a jumbo pekin 😳🤣. Well it’s like twice the size of the other duck. It’s head feet legs body it’s just huge! It doesn’t walk like the other (maybe due to size) my fear is it’s legs aren’t gonna hold it’s weight if it’s so big 😭 maybe I’ll over worrying. I believe they are around 6 weeks old but by gosh they are huge for 6 weeks 🤣most of all their baby fur/feathers are gone. Just some small cotton fluff on their backs.

Jumbos do get huge and there are ways to help them first make an easy way to get in an out of the pool then be sure not to over feed treats and be careful what treats you do give them. Carrying around all that weight will cause them to have leg issues and since they have already shown symptoms you’ll need to be extra cautious. Never make them run. I don’t know if you have kids but that seems to be one thing kids love to do is chase or have ducklings chase after them which if one is already having problems is just going to make it worse. And keep up with the liquid b complex they can have it all of their lives for leg support. But if they get to where their legs seem good and strong then switch to Nutritional yeast that can be sprinkled right over their feed. 1 Tab per cup of feed.

Jumbos do get huge and there are ways to help them first make an easy way to get in an out of the pool then be sure not to over feed treats and be careful what treats you do give them. Carrying around all that weight will cause them to have leg issues and since they have already shown symptoms you’ll need to be extra cautious. Never make them run. I don’t know if you have kids but that seems to be one thing kids love to do is chase or have ducklings chase after them which if one is already having problems is just going to make it worse. And keep up with the liquid b complex they can have it all of their lives for leg support. But if they get to where their legs seem good and strong then switch to Nutritional yeast that can be sprinkled right over their feed. 1 Tab per cup of feed.

Okay thanks so much. I’ll look into something for the pool for it. I layed off the vitamin B. Started it back this morning. Will continue it for both for the remainder of their lives. Good to know. Also, they are on Mazuri feed which was recommended by the vet. 🤷🏻‍♀️I order it. Only treats they get as of now green beans, peas, strawberries, blueberries I put them all in their water. Every once in a while I’ll toss plain or whole grain Cheerios. They eat the grass out back and whatever flower weeds in the yard 🤣 and bugs in the grass. I do have kids, they don’t chase than thankfully. The larger one doesn’t run nearly at all. It will pick up speed here an there but for the most part it just WADDLES.

Sounds like you have it all under control. Please keep us updated on how they are getting along and hopefully the BComplex will continue to get those legs stronger an stronger.

They do great together. They are very close and attached to each other. The small one moves much faster and at times just steps on the larger one cause it doesn’t get up when you walk to them it just sits there and waits to affection the other one gets up and runs 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣. I’m constantly telling it to not step on its friend. I definitely will! Thanks so much for you both! It’s nice to have support! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom