How fast should Brewers Yeast take to "kick in"?

Pics
Also want to add they are getting too big for the chick waterer and feeder. To keep water from being splashed out and giving them a way to wash their faces maybe something like this? you can place the water container on a cookie try or something similar.

Attachments

• IMG_2627 (1).JPG
    IMG_2627 (1).JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 1
Sure. I saw some pictures of your cute little pekins. When lying down, my duck Puddles looked just like that last spring. She grew so fast it became difficult for her to get around. She rarely got up and when lying down her legs would go out to the sides like in your photo. What ended up turning it around was dosing very liberally with the vitamin B Complex and also making hobbles with vet wrap or first aid tape - the stuff that's not adhesive but sticks to itself. We used this to position her legs correctly and left it on her all the time for 2-3 weeks. I let her continue to swim in the bathtub everyday and just replaced the wrap when needed. It took a couple weeks to see her getting to almost normal. Continued with vitamin B until they were pretty much full grown and she was normal! Here is a photo of two of my ducks with hobbles - we had one baby wear them for a shorter time as she was better.
IMG_0487.JPG

@Miss Lydia we went to the vet (they were excellent 🙌🏻) she does have splayed legs. They have started us physical therapy and a recheck this sat. 🙏🏼 it works!! They gave us calcium to give 2x daily until gone. Will keep you all updated. ❣️ @CoriM thanks for your story and pictures. So glad your babies are doing better. I can’t wait for mine to be full grown. Here’s an updated pic. Nap time at the vet 🥰 vet said to continue vitamin B as well.

Attachments

• CB7453FF-0D32-4935-8677-25416759917B.jpeg
    CB7453FF-0D32-4935-8677-25416759917B.jpeg
    784.6 KB · Views: 1
Great - good for you to take her in and know for sure. She sure is cute!! I highly recommend using the hobbles too! Even the hatchery we got her from recommended it, although they said use twine, which seemed barbaric when vetwrap is so much more comfortable and sturdy.

That’s awesome you got to take her! Vet didn’t think you should hobble like @CoriM did?sure is a precious little one ❤
No. They mentioned putting “ hawks “ ( I may have the spelling wrong) on her legs to help correct them, but there was another vet there that says that physical therapy was more important an to do that. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Great - good for you to take her in and know for sure. She sure is cute!! I highly recommend using the hobbles too! Even the hatchery we got her from recommended it, although they said use twine, which seemed barbaric when vetwrap is so much more comfortable and sturdy.
Thank you so much! Definitely gonna keep that in mind while doing physical therapy an see if I’ll need to do that if I don’t see correction.

Back
Top Bottom