How fast should Brewers Yeast take to "kick in"?

What is the therapy?

lots of walking swimming and when she sits to push her legs in underneath her where they are supposed to be, as they sit out to the sides she wants us to correct it an push them in under her where they are supposed to be when she sits/lays down. It’s around the clock work. While working she’ll go to my parents 🤣for her care along with my kids. So the kids have a job to do now with Mimi.

Here is a photo of my duckling when she was little. You can see how she sat with her legs out to the side, just like your baby. And she grew much faster than the other pekins, even though they were the same age. She was a sweetheart though and still is our favorite!
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG

Here is a photo of my duckling when she was little. You can see how she sat with her legs out to the side, just like your baby. And she grew much faster than the other pekins, even though they were the same age. She was a sweetheart though and still is our favorite!View attachment 2075703View attachment 2075704
Look at them 🥰🥰🥰🥰yea mine her legs go out to the sides. Sometime she’ll sit and look like a pancake like just flat 🙈😕 hopefully they therapy will correct it. I’m gonna definitely keep in mind the tape like you did too.

You should definitely put the vet wrap on - it pulls the legs into proper position so no matter what she's doing, they're where they should be. It will be far more effective, and it's so easy to do!! I highly recommend you try it!!

I'm just saying that the sooner you correct it the better off your duckling will be. It sounds like the vet is asking you to manually do what the vet wrap will do - how is it possible to be that attentive? Also, forcing her to walk when her legs aren't able to handle it might be cruel and make the problem worse. Not trying to be bossy, I've just been through what you're dealing with and feel for you and your sweet duckling.

You should definitely put the vet wrap on - it pulls the legs into proper position so no matter what she's doing, they're where they should be. It will be far more effective, and it's so easy to do!! I highly recommend you try it!!
How do you do it and what type of tape do I buy and where ?

one inch vet wrap at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/WePet-Self-A...words=one+inch+vet+wrap&qid=1586050047&sr=8-3

Or you can find the same thing at any drug store in their first aid area (that is what I used) - it's just a non-adhesive fabric like, stretchy tape, that sticks to itself. You might need a helper, but stand your duck up and pull her legs into proper position. Use the tape to go around one leg, then wrap to the other leg, around that, and back again, so that when she walks or does anything her legs are forced to remain in that position. Do that and keep the vitamin B complex going generously and in a couple of weeks I think you'll be happy with the results. I was so worried that we would have to carry my duck around for the rest of her life, but this was a game-changer for us. Good luck!

I'm just saying that the sooner you correct it the better off your duckling will be. It sounds like the vet is asking you to manually do what the vet wrap will do - how is it possible to be that attentive? Also, forcing her to walk when her legs aren't able to handle it might be cruel and make the problem worse. Not trying to be bossy, I've just been through what you're dealing with and feel for you and your sweet duckling.
No not at all. Thank you very much for your help and advise. I greatly appreciate it. ❣️I agree with you. I don’t wanna take a long time to help her heal I want her to heal fast and quickly, they grow so fast. My fear is she’ll grow faster than her recovery and her body won’t be able to maintain the recovery and weight. If that makes sense.

one inch vet wrap at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/WePet-Self-A...words=one+inch+vet+wrap&qid=1586050047&sr=8-3

Or you can find the same thing at any drug store in their first aid area (that is what I used) - it's just a non-adhesive fabric like, stretchy tape, that sticks to itself. You might need a helper, but stand your duck up and pull her legs into proper position. Use the tape to go around one leg, then wrap to the other leg, around that, and back again, so that when she walks or does anything her legs are forced to remain in that position. Do that and keep the vitamin B complex going generously and in a couple of weeks I think you'll be happy with the results. I was so worried that we would have to carry my duck around for the rest of her life, but this was a game-changer for us. Good luck!
Thank you so much. It means a lot your advise for her/him. I was worried we’d have to put it down if it can’t walk 🥺

My husband and I will get tape tomorrow and we’re gonna give it a shot and start it tomorrow !!! I’ll definitely keep in touch and let you know. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom