How green is your Cayugas?

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
Mine are only about 2 months old, but they are not as green as I thought they would be. Maybe just not good quality stock. They are still so gorgeous, but I thought they woould be a lot greener.

What about yours?

Last edited:
Cayugas often don't get very green like BEIs. Most of the ones I've seen have a little green on their heads and maybe on their wings. Perhaps show quality ones get more green.

Good to know....For some reason, I was thinking that in the sun they would be reallllly green. Like I said, mine are really beautiful, though!

Thanks for you reply!

Quote:
Mine are Just as green as East Indies?
Here is one of my Males at the GCPF Show is Hollister.. He got BB, Best over all Heavy and Champion Junior Waterfowl..
Cayugas.jpg

WOW....Now THAT is what I was expecting mine to look like!!!! I am a bit disappointed in their coloring. How young did your duck get that green?

When I had the chance to get mine, I never thought about bad quality, I just assumed they would all be as green as they should be. I still adore mine, and they are really gorgeous, but....I would LOVE to have one your color.

Oh good...I wondered if it had something to do with age, so I appreciate you guys giving me your two cents. It would really matter to me, not like I would rehome them and get more, but nice to know they may turn greener!!!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom