How have you displayed your first egg?

We have our first egg and our first fart egg blown out and sitting in a curio cabinet we have in the living room. Everyone loves seeing them and I think its cool to have our first egg forever.

How do you blow out an egg? can you still eat the contents if you do that? I have an old crystal bowl that was my great-grandmother's. My mother (who is beyond excited that we have chickens), told me that my great-grandmother used to keep that bowl full of fresh eggs on her dining room sideboard. I think my mother would just cry tears of joy if she walked into my house and saw eggs (blown out ones) displayed the same way. She's a sentimental lady:)

49043_green_egg.jpg

I put my first green one in my childhood humpty dumpty bowl, but only to prepare it to be cracked.

Mr.Bojangles :

Mine looked real good laying beside the grits with butter, 4 slices of thick bacon and toast with blackberry jelly,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!!!

Mine was basically done the same way but with strawberry preserves.​

i have our very first egg. displayed, (cracked a bit that is) (empty of its contents) in a wine glass that sits in our glass kitchen cabinet. its viewed often(alot acutally)!
wink.png

and its held up nicely, over a year old now!

Last edited:
To blow out an eggshell, you carefully punch a small hole in one end, making sure you puncture the membrane inside, then make a slightly larger hole in the OTHER end of the egg, also puncturing the membrane.

Then you hold the egg over a small bowl, put the small hole up to your mouth, and blow into the eggshell. You'll have to blow pretty hard, but eventually the insides will all be outside of the shell. Of course, the yolk will be broken so you'll have to cook it scrambled or some other method that doesn't require whole yolks.

Then just rinse the egg inside and out and let it air dry. They're remarkably sturdy.

Back
Top Bottom