How hot where you are at?

Quote:
Not trying to start an argument AT ALL, but I wonder if you have considered this. In our rural area black outs or power failures are common twice a year - winter and late summer. If I had to guess I'd say we've had at least a dozen power outages since early May. I've lost three hens this summer. As sad as that is, they simply weren't equipped to handle our record high temperatures. The rest of the birds are now doing fine, though two struggled.

Had I air conditioned their coops and got them all used to being cooled off, they would have been ill-equipped to handle the heat during a power failure. Same thing goes for wintertime and artificially heating the coops. I miss those hens, two were absolute favorites, but I've learned it's a matter of survival of the fittest.

Just my take on things.
smile.png

Quote:
When it's as hot as it is down here in Texas-it really doesn't even matter what the heat index is....
sad.png
It's just hot...

Today was mid 80's here with clouds! Humid since it rained last night just enough to dampen the sidewalks and grass. South of us less than an hour they got RAIN!

Right now it is 77. Just came in from cleaning the kennel and coop. I like to be able to see when I clean lol. Just got dark on me as I finished up.

Chickens all tucked in safe and sound. (Love the bedtime songs they sing)

Quote:
When it's as hot as it is down here in Texas-it really doesn't even matter what the heat index is....
sad.png
It's just hot...

It does hit a certain point and then HOT is just HOT. They can call it whatever they want I call it miserable. It makes me so
rant.gif
when it is just plain HOT.

Hope you all cool down soon in Texas (and everywhere HOT).
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom