How I Got Unfriended

Maybe I am "un-friend-ly?" LOL

I don't have a house phone and while I do have a cell phone, I practically never use it. My son uses it and he says he doesn't want one either but he carries it. If I answer one of the phones, my husband and daughter also have one, people are amazed to hear my voice. They always hesitate and go, "Mom?" LOL

What can anyone tell me about "Linkedin"? I may have joined looking for information long ago. I get requests to "Connect" with folks I don't even know and at least one who I'm not interested in carrying on our former friendship.

I don't use Linkedin so what's the point of this site.

I got a request to connect with "Silkie Lady". There is a picture of a Silky chicken, but anyone from here should know how I feel about silkies.
lol.png

some of those are spam requests.

Maybe I am "un-friend-ly?" LOL

I don't have a house phone and while I do have a cell phone, I practically never use it. My son uses it and he says he doesn't want one either but he carries it. If I answer one of the phones, my husband and daughter also have one, people are amazed to hear my voice. They always hesitate and go, "Mom?" LOL
Cell phones have become a necessity imo. I used to deliver mail in the hood and you can't find a pay phone in safe parts of the city much less the hood.

DW argues when I refuse to answer the phone because if it's the kids they say, Hi, where's mom? Which is funny cuz if it's about money they tell her and she tells me.
lol.png

In fact they've called MY cell phone to talk to there mother if she doesn't answer hers.

Now we do have a land line but if they don't get an answer the make the rounds of our phones. So it goes, house phone, DW's phone and then mine. "Is mom there?"
lau.gif

Quote:
In some areas the phone companies where being pressured to pull out pay phones in the "hood" before the industry went almost extinct due to cell phones, that was because drug dealers didn't want their customers to call their home phones for the police to have more proof they where dealers. you may be introduced to "red" and he deals in weed and you can call certain hours and he will make arrangements to meet to deal. if the cops get tipped off or "red" thinks they are on to him he gives out a new # and soon his "clients" who know each other by sight or nickname get the number to each other. that and the poor getting what is coined as the "Obamaphone" is helping the implosion of the pay phone business. I am sure in a few years it will be in essence at only LARGE volume foot traffic areas you will see them (think airports, arenas, major hubs for trains/buses) unless it's some kind of privately owned payphone that a shop keeper buys and maintains.

In some areas the phone companies where being pressured to pull out pay phones in the "hood" before the industry went almost extinct due to cell phones, that was because drug dealers didn't want their customers to call their home phones for the police to have more proof they where dealers.

This was actually happening before cell phones were popular, dealers and buyers were using pay phones to page each other in code... In my area they pulled out all the newly rolled out push button pay phones and replaced them with the old rotary ones trying to stop this before finally pulling them out altogether... Ironic that the failed war on drugs drove and promoted the cell phone industry and cost many that didn't really need a phone to take on a new bill and get a cell phone, not to mention the overall inconvenience and possibly safety implications removing these those public phones created...

Back
Top Bottom