5. Let sit and dry
6. Cut in half
7. Put yolk in sandwich bag
8. Add mayonaise and little bit of musturd
9. Make sure you mix up yolk
10. Cut hole in the conner of bag
11. Squeeze yolk in white cup of egg
12. Sprinkle paprika on top of half egg

This is a very yummy recipe that I make at home.
wink.png

YUM! Quick question tho..If your using eggs from your chickens how long should you wait/age them before you boil them? Seems like fresh eggs are such a bear to peel!!Or do you know of any tricks to make it easier?

Quote:
I always thought fresh eggs were a "no no" to hard cook. Not so. Bring your eggs to room temperature. SLOWLY lower them one by one into boiling water with a slotted spoon. Bring to a boil, then take off heat and let sit for 17 minutes. Stir them a couple of times to center the yolk. If you boil them, it makes them rubbery. After 17 minutes, drain and immediately plunge in ice water. Keep changing the water until it stays cold. I had read somewhere that you should cool them for the same time that they cooked.
idunno.gif
I never timed how long it took. Mine usually are very easy to peel. Once in a while I might find a "stubborn" one.
While we're on the subject, here's my recipe that everyone raves about

For 6 eggs
1/4 cup mayo (not Miracle whip)
1 tsp cider apple vinegar (not white)
1 tsp prepared mustard
1/8 tsp salt
dash of pepper

Mash yolks well with a fork, then add remaining ingredients. Top with paprika if desired. I have used capers (three on each egg looks nice), sliced olives, bacon bits, fresh parsley

Here is my secret-------use Grey Poupon Country Style mustard

I get rave reviews for my eggs

droolin.gif

Jen

Forgot to add, I add salt and vinegar to my cooking water, helps to keep from cracking.

Last edited:
Quote:
This is genius (steps 7 and 10-11). Why have I never thought of the sandwich bag!!!! Things are about to get a whole lot easier during the Holidays!

Dear Funnybirds,
I am sorry. I do not know the answer to your question.I will ask my mom. OK, I was taught that if i get an egg that sticks to the shell I will peel it enough to stick a spoon in and scoop off the rest iof the shell. It looks really really hard but if I can do it I think anybody can.
Mary

Dear Mac in Abiline,
I like relish. I will try that next time. sounds good.
Mary

Dear JenEric Farms,
Thank you for the compliment. I like to make box cake mix in the big giant zip lock bags too. It also turns out yummy. And there is no mess. Except for the measuring cup and the old egg shells that were cracked.
Mary

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom