How I spent my X-mas eve

Man! Some people just seem to hog all the adventure fun!
tongue.png
I hope your hand is doing okay...

Merry Cluckmas and happy new chick!

CMV, hope you had a better X-mas day than eve.

Tomorrow I am going to try to put a duck house together for my 4 call ducklings, who are now almost completely fledged. I think they would enjoy being outside instead of in their brooder box in the bathroom. *ahem* Perhaps this is driven more by my hoping they'll be happier, because I think I will be just a tad happier then.

Of course, like any poultry "parent" I will be worried sick about them for the first few nights.... as I was with every single "first night" for any of my chicks or ducklings!

And it's NIGHT so darned early this time of year! (Hence your handling onerous tasks in the dark.)

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I think my holiday is about par for my course.Christmas eve I was trying so hard to get to work and not be so late.I had my coat on,arms full,grabbed my car keys ready to get out the door.I didn't see the dog bone Ju Ju had left in my path.I stepped on it with my right foot.On the hard floor the bone rolled and somehow my right foot went under me as I fell like a ton of bricks on my back.Scared me to death almost.Somehow I get up,hobble to my stickie roller to get the dog hair off my clothes cause I've gotta get to work.I get my cane out of the bedroom (3 broken akles) dust it off and out the door I go.Darnit I forgot to put my boots on and it's too slick outside to get to my car.Hobble back into the house put everything down and get boots on.I finally get to work.I hurry hurry,gotta make a bank deposit and get change before the bank closes.While I'm out on the bank run I go and get an ace ankle thing.Get it on but is hard with all the swelling.Get back to work do payroll and its time to close.Wish all a Merry Christmas.I can't get the cash drawer to check out right.I'm in so much pain I say the hell with it.I'm supposed to meet family in town for dinner and I'm running late.I get my coat on and get ready then the phone rings,my son we are here are you coming?Yeah like I wasn't the one that made the suggestion a few hours ago.
We do have a nice dinner.I have to do some last minute shopping because my workload has been too much and I've been exhausted.I go back to work but make it home about 10:30 Christmas eve.So much to do here too.
To make the long story short I keep thinking when would be the best time at this big holiday to take my self to the emergency room?The pain is not as bad now but I know I need x-rays and whatever else.I sleep till late afternoon Christmas day.Ahhh.....that helps.When I'm on the phone telling my family that I can't make Christmas dinner because my kids have told the roads are very slick,I ask if we have an Orthapedic doctor here now and it is determined that he left.Well no worries,we only had one here for one of my three broken ankles.Hey I had decided to take myself to an emergency room Sun. but I don't think I will be going anywhere.There is too much snow with lots more on the way.
The hell with it all.I'm hungrey,I'm going to fix me something take a pain pill and go take care of the animals outside.
I know one thing...I will put cleats on my boots when I am brave enough to go outside.
Oh the joy of snow.

Sorry guys about the spelling.My pc went crazy a few weeks ago and my spell check left.

I had a great holiday despite the rather trying Christmas eve. Keeping poultry can't always be a walk in the park. There are times when they are going to need some extra care and attention. Unfortunately, that just happened to coincide with the holiday this year.

Rebel-rousing-at-night
- I think you win the award for the worst eve. I hope your ankle isn't broken. It's going to be a LONG winter if it is.

Happy holidays, everyone.

Quote:
OMG, that is terrible! Hope your ankle is feeling better now. As someone who has broken the same ankle three times myself, trust me, I feel your pain!

Quote:
Thanks.I want to say that if I had noticed the "Managing Your Flock" part I would not have posted here.I hope I didn't make anyone mad.I just saw the how you spent Christmas Eve.I really do appreciate all that you others got to do for your flocks.

Back
Top Bottom