How is it "weird" when the girl is older in relationships?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
I'm not talking the off and on high school relationship, I'm talking about dating for the future. Not many at my school date for this reason, but I know quite a few seniors already engaged to people, even my bff and her soon-to-be-fiance have already discussed their future. <---- Absolutely admirable!! They talk about the air force and everything!
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif

This was a debate subject in one of my classes had today. I thought it was intresting. As long as it is legal and both people are mature I see no problem whatsoever.
But someone said during the debate that it is "awkward" for the girl to be older, even by a couple or few years. Uhh? I know of so many marriages where the couple are 10 years apart!
Most of these huge laps have the guy being older though...

So what is this "awkward" or "weird"? Is it like a taboo for the woman to be older? Are the guys intimidated, even by a few years?

Even though I've never even dated, still in High school, I think it would be weird because 1) the natural instinct in all us human females to "mother" weaker things might extend to a younger husband/bf, 2) it wouldn't feel as safe with a younger guy, as opposed to a guy of the same age or older who can make you feel a bit safer, because he's older/wiser/bigger.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
just my two cents...

major differences in age start making difficulties when the older starts hitting retirement age...simple logistics...

but really, I don't care. Really. there are too many other problems out there for a simple age shift to matter once everyone's old enough anyways.

Being one of the female gender I personally only find it awkward because, sorry, most men/boys are more immature than girls when at the same age, thus, I personally would feel more comfortable with an older person. Now this certainly doesn't count for all, in fact especially in high school I found the girls far more immature than boys, but, as you grow older, at least to me, I trust finding a mature older person than a mature younger person.

Especially though in High School age, even College age, the age of a man is important because of how long ago such things like puberty and manners happened.
wink.png
Sorry but young boys, the younger they are, are pretty immature. But then again, perhaps that links well to why I never consider middle and high school "dating" as legit. Sheesh we're kids then. I remember hearing about "dating" in Elementary school, and thought, - Umm, how does that work? Your parents take you to Chuck E Cheese?

hide.gif
My opinion.

Quote:
My boyfriend and I went to the dairy with my mom after school 3 times a week. We were in first grade. Everyone knew we were really serious because we sat together in the front passenger seat and shared the seat belt.

love.gif

I think when people are younger it matters more; simply because I think women mature emotionally before men. However, I know quite a few people, in long term marriages, where the women is older than the man. I think that most of the large age gaps that I know of are with the men older than the woman. My former babysitter is probably going to marry a woman who is three years older than he. It works for them, and he is mature for his age. My brother's wife is five years older than he, and my sister's husband is 14 years older than she. With women having a much longer life expectancy than men, maybe a younger hubby makes sense.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom