How is it "weird" when the girl is older in relationships?

Hello!

My husband is 5 years younger than I am. Yep...I'm 47 now, and he's 42. We've never though of it as awkward. But it is only five years.

Does that make me a cougar?
lol.png

Quote:
My boyfriend and I went to the dairy with my mom after school 3 times a week. We were in first grade. Everyone knew we were really serious because we sat together in the front passenger seat and shared the seat belt.

love.gif

Here it's a play-date and usually involves legos and lemonade.

I agree, it's because on average the girls mature earlier than the boys. So the girls tended to date 1-2 years up (which is why many states have romeo and juliet laws, so the boy isn't instantly a criminal for keeping his 17 yr old GF).

I'm almost 10 years older than my DH and we have been married 13 years.
And he has no problems taking excellent care of his family. Age is just a number.

I dated ab 20 year old when I was 40...he couldn't talk about anything interesting. My 20yo (at the time) flat out told meI wasn't allowed to date anyone younger than 25. Was with a 24 yo for a year then a few months later, met my husband - he is 3 years younger than me.

I think you are as 'old' as you feel and as cliche as that sounds, it is the truth. Everyone thinks City Boy is years older than I am, too.

My husband is 51 and I am 37, we have been married for 12 years but have lived together for 18. Its not awkward. We had our first grandchild when I was 29

My brothers wife is 11 years older than him. They got together when he was 18 and he is now 26 and has a kid with her.
I think the relationship is flawed in the sense that he is still a kid and she is well on her way to her fourties. He never really got to act like a kid (he took in her three kids from a previous marriage from the start) and now that he has reached a point where he wants to play video games and go out with friends she cannot stand his immaturity.
I think there is a difference between the man being older and the woman being older. If i tried to explain it now it would probobly sound like gibberish. But ill have a cup of coffee and try again.

It depends on the individuals. I have seen it work with no problems, and I have seen it NOT work if the woman is a lot older and gets "old looking" and the younger husband who didn't think it through looks at her and cannot deal with that. Which is UNCOOL, but it happens. My husband is 6 years younger than me, but we are in our 50's and this is a second marriage for both of us. We don't notice any difference.

I was 24 and my husband was 20 when we got together. I think it depends on the people that really determines weather or not a relationship will work and not the age. Take my brother for example he is actually a year older than my husband but has been married and divorced already and had 2 fiances since and can't keep a job if his life depended on it (which it often does). My husband on the other hand has had the same job since he was 19 and is actually trying to get his own business off the ground and is one of the most mature men I have ever met. He took on massive amounts of responsibility for his family at a young age (another can of worms we won't discuss) and that helped him to mature a lot quicker than most men. The only thing that is weird is some of the things that I remember from childhood that he has no knowledge of only because by he time he was old enough it was on to another trend.

Back
Top Bottom