How is the Solway Maxi Cup waterer?

arwoon

-Elevensies-
5 Years
Jun 19, 2017
How is the Solway Maxi Cup waterer? Is this a good product? I was thinking about getting one for our chickens and adding it to a 5 gallon bucket. If there is a better product let me know.

I saw this cup for sale here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solway-Maxi-Cup-POULTRY-CHICKEN-POLT-DUCK-TURKEY-WATERING-DISH/321397710939?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

I saw a lot of you use nipple waterers; I did like the fact that with the cup you can see water in the cup and know that there is water available (I worked with mice waterer devices that used a nipple of some sort, and sometimes they would fail and kill the mice).

I can't speak to the cup you pictured, but a lot of folks use these cup waterers and like them. I bought some, but haven't put them in yet. They tap at the yellow thing and it fills. You pre-fill (by tapping it with your finger) when teaching them...

s-l225.jpg
4EGCW_poultry_cup_waterer.jpg

Hi Fire Ant Farm, did you ever install the poultry watering cup, I was wondering as I bought a package of 2 and wanted to ask how you installed yours. Thanks for your input.

Florence

How is the Solway Maxi Cup waterer? Is this a good product? I was thinking about getting one for our chickens and adding it to a 5 gallon bucket. If there is a better product let me know.

I saw this cup for sale here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solway-Maxi-Cup-POULTRY-CHICKEN-POLT-DUCK-TURKEY-WATERING-DISH/321397710939?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.jpg

I saw a lot of you use nipple waterers; I did like the fact that with the cup you can see water in the cup and know that there is water available (I worked with mice waterer devices that used a nipple of some sort, and sometimes they would fail and kill the mice).
I use these and they work fine as long as you clean them daily. I pour a water from a bucket into them and it clears the sediment. I also have vertical nipples waterers in the runs, and have a basin of water for them - the basin is their preferred water source of choice. When it rains, they prefer puddles over any other sources :th

I should add that, since they rotate, you can invert them to block the water source if you need to medicate your flock, using a smaller waterer (e.g. worming, where the dose is only for one day).

I made a waterer with the red cups that have the yellow things. My chickens are too stupid to use them apparently. I've been looking around for how to train them.
My chickens will drink out of the cups when I fill them but they will die of thirst if they empty.

Back
Top Bottom