How is your flock today?

Pics
@BlueBaby. Sorry for my absents, my extra time has been spent on working on a member interview. I was asked so I thought I would participate. Not sure why yet I was asked, I am still a Newbie here. :D

@BlueBaby. Sorry for my absents, my extra time has been spent on working on a member interview. I was asked so I thought I would participate. Not sure why yet I was asked, I am still a Newbie here. :D

I understand. I was asked a couple of time's before, but turned it down. My DH is a privacy nut, and doesn't want too much info out there.

@BlueBaby I am going to go this week and pick up my friends old school incubator and give it a try myself.

I had found him two dozen fresh fertile farm eggs from a reputable seller and none of them hatched! :( He is very experienced in hatching chicks from years ago, but something went wrong , so I am going to barrow it and try it with some of Chewy's girls eggs. :)

@BlueBaby I am going to go this week and pick up my friends old school incubator and give it a try myself.

I had found him two dozen fresh fertile farm eggs from a reputable seller and none of them hatched! :( He is very experienced in hatching chicks from years ago, but something went wrong , so I am going to barrow it and try it with some of Chewy's girls eggs. :)

Good luck!

2 of the 5 egg's from the first batch in my incubator have hatched now but are still wet. Both have the NN's on them. The second part of my split hatch is due on May 21st.
Congratulations on the success!!! Bravo!!

My broody hatched 6 out of 10- 2 unfertilized, 1 early quitter, 1 crushed during hatch ( :hmm???!!)
So I have the 6 that I quickly removed because she raises unfriendly chicks and then I had to break her after that because she was still broody... :rolleyes: poor thing, but it was a 2 day good feed and vitamin boost and her in the cage. 1 chick had pasty butt, but all look pretty good otherwise.
20210505_074050~2.jpg 20210505_115259~2.jpg 20210506_164802.jpg
Now I am dealing with a sick pullet, well... "off" pullet. She is quiet and adjusting her neck/crop. Crop was empty w/ no smell, she has good color. I have separated her, dosed her with safeguard & scramble eggs to munch on. She did not whack them yet but I will give the wormer a bit to kick in -also, treating the flock- then will get my flashlight and see what I can see...
On my list of potential enemy ailments from top to bottom.
Worms- gape, tape, round, cocci.
Mosquito- wet pox (no signs but not ruling out)
Egg bound (don't think so)

And the Buff Pullets are locked up in the other half of "the love shack" , I plan to remove the divider in a day or so and let the magic happen... :hmm:oops::bun

Well, better do the rounds...

Last edited:
@BlueBaby I need to find a good temp and humidity thermometer to put inside the incubator to make sure all is spot on first before I start. I will send you pics of everything, maybe you will be able to spot things that are not right with it?

This is the one that I use. When the battery in it quit's, you can put a new battery in it. I think that battery in mine lasted for a couple of year's before I had to put a new one in there.

https://www.amazon.com/IncuThermTM-Digital-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Memory/dp/B004XNMG4S

Back
Top Bottom