How is your flock today?

Pics
It's like summer today! 64, no wind. All of the flock except the 3 new NNs in quarantine were out in the yard.

Attachments

• IMG_5465.JPG
    IMG_5465.JPG
    852.2 KB · Views: 3
Just curious, is there a specific amount of time to keep new poultry in quarantine and is there anything in particular ( illness ) you are looking for? :confused:
The former owner was worming them, so looking for that. They are adults from another flock, they could have something my flock has not been exposed to. Stress of moving can bring on some things. 30 days in jail is the conservative recommendation.

I was wondering what others do for their birds to help protect them against parasites to keep them healthy, Fecal Floats that type of stuff?
It is a good Idea to keep an eye on your birds: poop, activity, eating and drinking habits. Is food consumption higher or lower than normal? Are the feathers ruffled up or smooth and shiny? Eyes clear and bright or is there some goo running from eyes or nostrils? That kind of thing is better, in my experience, than an expensive vet test. What you are doing in this little thread, every day ask your question, "How is my flock today"! ;)
Here are the 3 in Quarantine, they laid 3 eggs yesterday -- 2 light green and 1 tan. They are talking back when they hear the rooster crowing!:lau

Attachments

• IMG_5358.JPG
    IMG_5358.JPG
    617.4 KB · Views: 1
It is a good Idea to keep an eye on your birds: poop, activity, eating and drinking habits. Is food consumption higher or lower than normal? Are the feathers ruffled up or smooth and shiny? Eyes clear and bright or is there some goo running from eyes or nostrils? That kind of thing is better, in my experience, than an expensive vet test. What you are doing in this little thread, every day ask your question, "How is my flock today"! ;)
Here are the 3 in Quarantine, they laid 3 eggs yesterday -- 2 light green and 1 tan. They are talking back when they hear the rooster crowing!:lau

I'm glad that our girl's are doing well, and I feel sad about the 165,000 egg layer's that burned up in the fire yesterday at Hickman's.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/165k-...cle_79bb9bd8-7ec2-11eb-ba1d-afd7104b44d0.html

Back
Top Bottom