How is your flock today?

Pics
I was eyeballing one of those a few years ago... I love seeing them on the road as it gives me hope that there are smart people out there lol. ya know... says it on the car!?
My DH has a 150 ecoboost, we need it incase for our horses, to get them to high ground, hauling hay etc. It gets decent gas mileage but best when not driven lol. We have been sourcing our alfalfa locally from down the street and just graze our horses as much as possible. I tell ya, baby steps and we just chipping away at it.
A BYCer asked me why I use used towels for my chicks instead of shavings... Because I love being the reason one more thing did not get shipped here. Moving that mountain!!!

Some people just do not realize how many thing's can be recycled as repurposed used item's.

I was eyeballing one of those a few years ago... I love seeing them on the road as it gives me hope that there are smart people out there lol. ya know... says it on the car!?
My DH has a 150 ecoboost, we need it incase for our horses, to get them to high ground, hauling hay etc. It gets decent gas mileage but best when not driven lol. We have been sourcing our alfalfa locally from down the street and just graze our horses as much as possible. I tell ya, baby steps and we just chipping away at it.
A BYCer asked me why I use used towels for my chicks instead of shavings... Because I love being the reason one more thing did not get shipped here. Moving that mountain!!!
Yeah use towels too. But long ago I used cloth diapers. More efficient and cheaper!

It’s always the same when the crisis is over —buy more trucks!!
I think trucks are such useful vehicles. I mean they really are terrific for those who need. What drives me more than a little crazy is people who don't NEED a big vehicle but buy one. Like the cute 20 yo girl with the big clean truck... ? I have had a truck for the last 30 years, usually small, always used, mostly parked. I resent the gas pump on many levels. My best is to never go which means finding other ways to get around. I think I need to train my horse to pull a cart... if I could source a cart on island it would be awesome.

Well, on my flock report today... I sold 3-18 pacs of eggs yesterday and today and still have 20 to put in the incubator. I don't think I can fight the urge any longer and have had more than a few people inquire about chicks. Worst case scenario is I can't rehome and get to keep more chickens... ok, real worst case scenario is I get stuck with a bunch of roos again... ok. maybe I will make a couple of quiche's instead... def need to think this thing through.

On poop inspection this morning I saw a few girls had a round worm in their poop. That is the most qty I have seen from my flock, usually it is 1 maybe 2. Just think of all I am not seeing?!!! Yucky, yucky, yucky bugs. :sick
I let all the boys out last eve after locking up the girls and while I filled in all of the craters. I need to roll up my sleeves and clean up all of the clutter out of that run. Looking a little tacky (er than usual).
Warm today guessing mid 80's w/ light winds and humidity. Glad I planted more shade for the chooks the last few years, seems to be paying off already.

I think trucks are such useful vehicles. I mean they really are terrific for those who need. What drives me more than a little crazy is people who don't NEED a big vehicle but buy one. Like the cute 20 yo girl with the big clean truck... ? I have had a truck for the last 30 years, usually small, always used, mostly parked. I resent the gas pump on many levels. My best is to never go which means finding other ways to get around. I think I need to train my horse to pull a cart... if I could source a cart on island it would be awesome.

Both of our vehicles here are 1996's.

Well, on my flock report today... I sold 3-18 pacs of eggs yesterday and today and still have 20 to put in the incubator. I don't think I can fight the urge any longer and have had more than a few people inquire about chicks. Worst case scenario is I can't rehome and get to keep more chickens... ok, real worst case scenario is I get stuck with a bunch of roos again... ok. maybe I will make a couple of quiche's instead... def need to think this thing through.

On poop inspection this morning I saw a few girls had a round worm in their poop. That is the most qty I have seen from my flock, usually it is 1 maybe 2. Just think of all I am not seeing?!!! Yucky, yucky, yucky bugs. :sick
I let all the boys out last eve after locking up the girls and while I filled in all of the craters. I need to roll up my sleeves and clean up all of the clutter out of that run. Looking a little tacky (er than usual).
Warm today guessing mid 80's w/ light winds and humidity. Glad I planted more shade for the chooks the last few years, seems to be paying off already.

It's currently 99-F. here at 6:34 PM.

Back
Top Bottom