How is your flock today?

As hot as it is here now, all a fan would do is blow the hot air around. When I come in the house from out there I have to drink some cold Gatorade and cool off in the air condition between trip's outside. I put up mister's before, but all of the dampness caused even more flies.
Hawaiian A/C- Frozen water bottle in front or behind the fan 🌴 ;) 🤙 Not that the frozen water bottles would last very long in Az... :hmm My best is to run a hose under trees at the warmest part of the day and toss in cold or frozen fruit- but we have well water and solar so we don't feel it at the mail box.

Chooks are back to laying pretty decent after a brief hiccup, it is warm and humid but my flock seems to be doing pretty good so far. Well, better than I am as I get kinda getting fussy with the heat 😝 don't like being hot and sweaty.

I caught an add on craigslist for 36 T posts for $35. There is my chicken run for up the mountain so I bee lined to pick them up. Feeling a little inspired and hope to dump some green waste and bring the trailer around tomorrow to clean it up and start my project... well see.

I try to stay away from negative people. I like to stay as positive as possible. Negativity causes stress, and I prefer not to have that in my life.
Ditto!

I remember a friend of mine talking about a coworker who complained ALL the TIME! It was a real drag on her, since she couldn't avoid this person.

She finally figured out a way to deal with it. If this person made a negative comment, my friend would try to counter with a positive one on the same issue.

While out for lunch with the office group:

Negativelady: Why do they serve all this extra stuff? I don't want the roll. It's just going to get thrown out and wasted!

My friend: But where else can we get served so quickly? We have plenty of time to have a cup of coffee and relax a bit before we have to go back to work.

I had a similar situation at one job. I had to get some prep material every morning, and I always said a cheery hello to the guy who worked in that area, and he just glowered at me in return. One morning, he said, "Why're you always so blank-blank happy all the time? You work here at this blank-blank place!"

I turned on him and said, "I know two women who are dying, very painfully, of cancer right now. Do you think they wouldn't LOVE to trade places with me, even if I work here at this blank-blank place?!"

He began nodding to me when I said hello after that. I hope I gave him something to think about.

But yeah, I try to avoid negative people if possible.

Good Morning everyone, how are you and your flock this fine morning? Our mixed flock is doing fine even with the afternoon sprinkles and high humidity.

I am also happy to announce our small flock of 17 started to grow last night with the first egg of 14 that started to pip. So far we have 4 new baby chicks who seem to be very healthy and 3 eggs that are currently pipping and soon to hatch from the looks of it.

This is my very first time at incubating eggs and want to say thank you to @BlueBaby for helping me along the way. :hugs What an amazing thing to experience for the very first time. :love

Ditto!

I remember a friend of mine talking about a coworker who complained ALL the TIME! It was a real drag on her, since she couldn't avoid this person.

She finally figured out a way to deal with it. If this person made a negative comment, my friend would try to counter with a positive one on the same issue.

While out for lunch with the office group:

Negativelady: Why do they serve all this extra stuff? I don't want the roll. It's just going to get thrown out and wasted!

My friend: But where else can we get served so quickly? We have plenty of time to have a cup of coffee and relax a bit before we have to go back to work.

I had a similar situation at one job. I had to get some prep material every morning, and I always said a cheery hello to the guy who worked in that area, and he just glowered at me in return. One morning, he said, "Why're you always so blank-blank happy all the time? You work here at this blank-blank place!"

I turned on him and said, "I know two women who are dying, very painfully, of cancer right now. Do you think they wouldn't LOVE to trade places with me, even if I work here at this blank-blank place?!"

He began nodding to me when I said hello after that. I hope I gave him something to think about.

But yeah, I try to avoid negative people if possible.
Yeah, kinda like the negative person- don't know what they are going through either. :lau

I'm a little bit on the fence about this one. I spent most of my life being incredibly outgoing, positive and friendly (got criticized for it lol). As I get older, I do greet people with kindness and avoid gossipers but real conversations can sometimes touch on negative things and shinning the light on it is part of engaging and working it out. I know some -quite a few people- who say they don't want to be around negative people but who themselves are rather just ill informed, self-medicating and not really living in reality to a some extent. Subjective, I know.
I am more concerned with and exhausted by the ignorant, judgmental peoples- who are mean and cruel to others- a form of jealousy and ill informed arrogance. As I am a student of life, I don't mind and rather enjoy talking stuff out and yeah there is some negativity... part of life but negativity for the sake of negativity... eh, your right, no thanks. Sometimes lemons are just lemons and that is the reality of it. Like complaining about temps being 117 is completely understandable and only conveying negative reality. Maybe too much bread is one of the reasons it is 117 and someone's complaints are legit? Negative reality... :gigI know, just examples but maybe there is a moral...?🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Till then, i'll do my best to remember MY gratitude's because that is the best way for me to separate myself from staying in my own personal negative, avoid being arrogant and not live in a emotional lemon grove. 🌴:th

Hawaiian A/C- Frozen water bottle in front or behind the fan 🌴 ;) 🤙 Not that the frozen water bottles would last very long in Az... :hmm My best is to run a hose under trees at the warmest part of the day and toss in cold or frozen fruit- but we have well water and solar so we don't feel it at the mail box.

Chooks are back to laying pretty decent after a brief hiccup, it is warm and humid but my flock seems to be doing pretty good so far. Well, better than I am as I get kinda getting fussy with the heat 😝 don't like being hot and sweaty.

I caught an add on craigslist for 36 T posts for $35. There is my chicken run for up the mountain so I bee lined to pick them up. Feeling a little inspired and hope to dump some green waste and bring the trailer around tomorrow to clean it up and start my project... well see.

Allot of people don't like being hot and sweaty (including me), but maybe that's why there's not as big of a population here as in some other places up north. Most want to live where it's cooler.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom