How is your flock today?

Aloha gang and happy Saturday!
What I did with my flock was dose Honoapi'ilani with coco oil and massaged her crop as she was acting funny last eve and on inspection her crop felt like a rock. I'm pretty sure she said thank you mom and trotted off a new gal. I'll do her a few more times as needed.
I FINALLY went through my neglected mealworm bins to freshen and upgrade. I got a bad case of grain mites up Koke'e and was not sure how to proceed when I brought them down. Seems a warmer climate and neglect is the trick because it looks like the mites vacated. I sifted and wash my beetles and put in fresh cooked and cooled bran with fresh carrots and cardboard and the beetles seem pretty darn happy. View attachment 2911470
I'll leave the sift/frass with the baby worms and eggs outside to see if mites are still hanging around. Good to have them up and running again. My flock helped with the clean up 😉

I have a 2mo cockerel acting a little strange. I had wormed my young teen flock about 5 days ago w/first dose. So not that. Crop good, weight good, color and feather good, no coughing or running nose... I direct dosed him with corid, separated and put in his water. We shall see but don't think it is parasites. I think he may have gotten wholloped by someone bigger. No blood or marks but it is a thought.

I have the littles running around free ranging. That's always fun to watch the youngones looking after the babies and the under-roo earn his keep with babysitting them all duty. Really like this little cockerel...View attachment 2911472
Forest kitty keeping his watchful eye on all things chicken.View attachment 2911474View attachment 2911476
I can see Forest kitty is happy and spoiled. 🙂

I can see Forest kitty is happy and spoiled. 🙂
Oh my goodness this Forest kitty is ridiculously wonderful! The most friendly and amazingly trusting kitty I have ever met. Smart as can be too. He is just incredible.
20211128_120239~2.jpg

Sleeping with 94yo MIL.
Snuggling with Mango Pieces
20211127_124339~2.jpg

He grooms Mochi San and sleeps next to or on top of me every night with out fail. Every day he impresses and amazes me more and more. Just an angel.
20211124_153309~2.jpg
20211125_073929~2.jpg

Trying to keep this thread from disappearing from my sight.
Ditto, my apologies for my absence, :oops: seems like there is never enough hours in the day to get everything done! :barnie The shorter daylight hours don't help either, it's dark now by 5:30 pm here and my day is still far from over!

I will do my best to get caught up with everyone's posts. :) How is everyone and their flocks doing today?

I know what you mean. I have never been to Hawaii, and your pictures are so beautiful!
Ditto. @TropicalBabies your picture are absolutely amazing and thank you for sharing. :) I have had the opportunity to go to Hawaii on a few different occasions and was never just that interested at the time to go.

I would like to go one day and view the Pearl Harbor Memorial and pay my respects. :) I also think the smaller islands would be more fun to visit over the tourist packed main island.

Muskovy is the most.... popular? Import on this isle. It gets a tittle tricky bringing some things in. I also know of someone who has Indian Runners on Kauai but don't know about much else.
Oh ok, I was just curious. I wasn't sure what laws you may or may not have in effect dealing with that sort of thing.

How about having some fertile domestic duck eggs shipped to you and incubating them yourself? Maybe this would be one way around any red tape? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom