How is your flock today?

Very beautiful Ducks, thanks for posting. :) Does anyone you know of keep domestic ducks their on the island where you live, and or are domestic ducks just not an option to have there? :confused:
Muskovy is the most.... popular? Import on this isle. It gets a tittle tricky bringing some things in. I also know of someone who has Indian Runners on Kauai but don't know about much else. The Koloa and Nene's are not domesticated to my knowledge. Koloa are very shy and kinda rare, Nene's fare better on this island and habitate near people many times. Each island is different. Other isles seem to have a bigger selection of domestic poultry.

I just checked the tracking number on the batch of the NN/Bielefelder shipped hatching egg's and the mailman should be dropping them off here soon. I will have to unpack them and then let them rest from their journey from Georgia.

Update: They arrived and I have unpacked them to rest. A few of those egg's are nice shaped and pretty big, so I hope that those one's are the one's that will be good and hatch for me. 12 egg's, with none broken nor leaking.

All was calm, last famous words! LOL I currently have 7 young cockerels all together and waiting for chaos to start. So far things have been going good with them being all together waiting on freezer camp.

Every now and then two will square off and have a stare down, but no serious fighting this far thank goodness. I keep them in a large pen with lots of extra food to help keep them content, so far so good, knock on wood! :gig
I am going on my third year with roosters and all that comes with it. It really has gotten better for me as far as dynamics and appreciation. Guess the boy is not the only one maturing and figuring it out.
I really commend you with a bachelor coop and culling. I don't have the heart yet but hope to get there... just not yet. I'd love to see photos of your set up. My roo coop is barely working but I have been unable to get the hitch out of what should be functioning.

I am going on my third year with roosters and all that comes with it. It really has gotten better for me as far as dynamics and appreciation. Guess the boy is not the only one maturing and figuring it out.
I really commend you with a bachelor coop and culling. I don't have the heart yet but hope to get there... just not yet. I'd love to see photos of your set up. My roo coop is barely working but I have been unable to get the hitch out of what should be functioning.

Maybe @416bigbore can post a picture of the one that he has for his to help give you an idea on your's?

Yes, it is! Now I have to sit on my hand's or go do something else to keep busy until enough resting time on the egg's have passed so I can start incubating them.
There is always cleaning under the bed or behind the refrigerator lol. Patience is not my strong point. I'd probably have to leave the house to save me from myself.

Back
Top Bottom