How is your flock today?

Welcome to our little group. :) That is the unfortunate part about buying unsexed and or incubating your own eggs, about half will be cockerels every time. LOL
I got lucky. Two of ten being cockerels (maybe a third but the feathers don't seem to support that). It was intended to eat extras, I just really like the markings on one. BR dad and SS mom.

I save what I thought was five pullets back and this morning the one started to crow, I would have bet the farm he was a she! LOL
Some think happened to me (kind of). We got an Ayam cemani “pullet”. Now the weird think was that the guy that we bought ”her” from, let us choose which one we wanted. He had a bunch of rooster, and hens, together, so you could CLEARLY a see which was a hen and which a rooster. So obviously, we picked The “hen”. Well, a few weeks passed, and as I was about to go back inside after feeding the chickens, I heard a crow. Now, I’ve never heard this crow, and it sounded really close. I stayed around to see who crowed, and then I figured it out. The ”hen” was somehow a rooster. Still stumped at how that happened

@TropicalBabies I just seen a Blizzard warning for your area................. for real? 🐧🥶❄️☃️⛄
Oh yippee! Probably for the summits. I have been hearing n g and I see a good sized cold front along with some moisture from the south floating around.
I got my booster yesterday and the first 2 shots I got a little slow. Today u bring the kittens in to the vet again for a check up and 2nd vaxx. I hope it does not get too wild. It gets REALLY wet around that area. It lurks close to one of the wettest spots in the world and can be a frog hole.

The ”hen” was somehow a rooster. Still stumped at how that happened
I am far from being any kind of a chook expert, but ours had the more rounded feathers like a pullet over the other cockerels and all the other eight cockerels have all been crowing now for weeks. I am guessing a late bloomer! LOL

Back
Top Bottom