How long a baby chick can survive in incubator?

No, they are absolute science، And very sensitive.
They may start laying mounts apart, because the circumstances that they grow in is not the same for everyone of them.
There was a study at Wageningen University on chick health and the moment they started to eat and drink. The outcome: chicks that haven’t acces to water and feed for over 36 hours are less healthy. The study was made for large incubators and factory farming.

I think my bird has the "no muff or beard" gene. She is basically a wattle-less chicken.

Orloffs have walnut combs (genetically, pea + rose.)

The pea comb gene makes the wattles much smaller, too. So that is probably why she seems to have almost no wattles.

It's very handy in cold climates!

You know making eggs is a sexual activity and needs hormonal changes. In some animals like the birds, the hormons levels take effect from the light. Maybe your hens get the hormonal peak and release yolk.
Wow! My girls have never seen a rooster! They lay almost daily.
I wonder where they are getting their sexual activity?

I did a little research on OP. he states he's a veterinarian.
Wow! I'm impressed?
I wonder......
Doesn’t mean he’s ever seen a chicken. Cats and dogs aren’t like chickens. Depending on what kind of training he has and what country he got it in, it may not have involved chickens at all. So that alone proves nothing.

Doesn’t mean he’s ever seen a chicken. Cats and dogs aren’t like chickens. Depending on what kind of training he has and what country he got it in, it may not have involved chickens at all. So that alone proves nothing.
My thoughts exactly! That's why I wonder.....
What country?
What school?
What specialty? Large animals, small animals?
Maybe he needs some courses in poultry?

Wow! My girls have never seen a rooster! They lay almost daily.
I wonder where they are getting their sexual activity?
Compare chickens to humans and it all seems logical.

Most female humans lay 1 egg every month from approx. 14 years old until 50. Some of them don’t want babies (1) , the minority wants one every year (2). Most females who want a baby really don’t care what time of the year the baby is born as long as it’s not on Xmass day.

Contact with a male is not necessary to have sexual activity. For a baby they only need sperm.

(1) Breeding programs made that most laying hybrids don’t want to breed.
(2) Silkies and Cochins belong to the second category.

I was waiting for someone to bring up humans...

If I have twin daughters, and they're both cared for the same way their entire lives, they are very unlikely to begin puberty on the exact same day, though it's likely they can menstruate simultaneously each month (as it's been exhibited in human females that if they spend a lot of time together, their cycles will correlate). But if one of my daughter's moves away, this won't work anymore. And even still, it's highly unlikely they will both hit menopause at the exact same time.

This 'exact' science thing just isn't true. Each chicken and each human has different genetics even in a case of twins, unless the twins are identical and EVEN STILL, it's impossible for these reproductive egg laying things to happen as an exact measurable scientific activity being the same for every flock mate or birth mate.

This is my opinion and the theory interests me, I just believe it is to be not plausable.

Back
Top Bottom