How long after when a baby chicken chirps inside the egg ,will it hatch

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Holly4, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Holly4

Holly4 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2013
    Now both of my eggs have a crack in the egg since 11 am today. Im so "excited, I cant do anything but watch "them, lol

2. cluck5

cluck5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Holly4: I am excited for you! I want to try incubating some chicken eggs this spring. I have to make an incubator first. Did you make your incubator, or did you buy? What are you hatching? Good luck, send some pics of your babies when they hatch.

3. Holly4

Feb 7, 2013
    Ok its been 10 hrs since my 2 bantam eggs have cracked there shell. Im wondering if they would b here soon .they have chirpped off and on all day, its so awesome to hear such a wonderful thing.:))

4. Peggy-Sue

Peggy-Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    we heard peeping 8 hours before we got a pip and then after the pip they hatched 11 hours later

5. tristancolli

tristancolli Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Kinmount
    First time i hatched i heard my first peep 32.5 hours before the little guy hatched. that was 8 years ago and my baby just passed away. best chicken i've ever had. but as most people have said it all depends on many factors

1 person likes this.
  6. donnaboydjones

donnaboydjones Chillin' With My Peeps

8 years? Wow thats amazing!! Sorry about your babe passing away, that's not easy.

7. tristancolli

tristancolli Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Kinmount
    Thanks. He is the guy in my avitar photo he was a beautiful roo and won many shows and has had so many babies thatlook the same as him its awesome

8. Holly4

Feb 7, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG]ns.com/content/type/61/id/5523941/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/IMG]

9. esoaksranch

esoaksranch Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011

Thanks for this link, I found it a while back just didn't save it. Now it on the bookmark list.

10. Cuyamaca

Cuyamaca New Egg

May 29, 2014
    You guys are the best. I have 19 eggs in my incubator on day #20. Was checking the humidity before turning in and I thought I heard chirping. At first I thought I was going a little crazy, then I thought maybe it's a baby bird outside. Then I heard it again. Of course I had to say hello and guess who chirp again! It is amazing, just amazing. I never would have dream that a chick chirps before hatching.

I went online to the backyardchickens website and of course I found this thread. You guys are the best resource a newbie can ask for. This is my second hatch, the first time I had my incubator in the basement, this time it's in one of my kitchen cabinets.

Wish me luck tomorrow.

Daniel

3 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by