How long before I get my second egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MyPetNugget, Jan 27, 2014.

1. MyPetNugget

MyPetNugget Enjoying the cold!!!

One of the barred rocks just layed the first egg. It has been 4 days since then and I was wondering when she will do it again. I have the heat lamp on because it is -20 degrees in the coop, and I have oyster shell in their feed. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Just be patient she should lay again soon [​IMG]

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Some pullets will lay gangbusters from the start. Others need an adjustment period for their bodies to get in the swing of things. You just need to be patient, she will lay again when her body is ready.

4. MyPetNugget

Thanks for all the quick replies and helpful answers! I guess I will just keep waiting.[​IMG] I will give updates when she lays again.

5. MyPetNugget

Sorry I have not been on here for a while, Oreo layed her second egg AND she has been laying an egg every day since! Today I went out and found that one of my RIRs had layed an egg too!!! She was arranging the hay in one of the nest boxes for 15 minutes before she layed, so I am pretty sure it was her. Thanks again for all the replies and answers! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by